Programs Leader – Surety
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.Programs Leader – Surety
New York – Hybrid
The role of the Programs Leader – Surety entails collaborating with Managing General Agent Partners (MGA) to oversee the development and growth of our Surety Programs Portfolio. Additionally, the individual will assess and establish new domestic and international Surety partnerships to enhance the profitability of the Surety Portfolio.
Axis Capital's current Surety Programs portfolios Solutions are tailored for Middle Market and Complex Accounts across Commercial and Contract Solutions.
The role of the Programs Leader – Surety will be a “hands-on” program leader with a history of success within a top-tier Commercial Insurance or Re Carrier building and managing a Surety Portfolio targeting Middle Market and Complex Accounts.
The perfect individuals to fulfill this role are recognized as influential experts within the Surety industry, possessing the skills to guide and establish a successful Surety Portfolio. It is essential that candidates have experience with both domestic and international solutions, encompassing Commercial and Contract aspects.
Moreover, they should have comprehensive knowledge of portfolio management throughout its entire lifespan, including soliciting submissions, analyzing underwriting, creating and distributing indications/quotations/binders, and engaging in marketing activities.
Additionally, the candidate must have an executive presence, demonstrating success in communicating, influencing, and building solid relationships that add value to the AXIS business book and contribute to longer-term strategic initiatives.
This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days a week in the office. The job requires travel to attend industry and company events.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve overall financial goals for assigned programs, including profit, production, rate, and retention goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor business plans for assigned programs that support North American Program's objectives.
- Monitor and manage monthly KPIs to include renewal rates, rate target vs. achieved, retention rates, trends, lost business &c to ensure achievement of the business plan.
- Maintain and manage underwriting guidelines and delegated authority levels. Ensure PA/MGA's compliance with granted authority levels, underwriting guidelines, and the terms of our applicable agreements.
- Manage account referral process to ensure timely reviews of accounts requiring referral underwriting. Utilize support from transactional underwriting units as necessary.
- Determine risk acceptability of exceptional accounts exceeding PA/MGA authority levels.
- Identify and deliver the expansion of AXIS product offering with existing programs.Led a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders through the new program due diligence process.
- Lead monthly business planning update meetings/conference calls with PA/MGAs on results and status of required or corrective actions and results and annual and mid-year in-person stewardship meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with PA/MGAs via weekly communication and site visits.
- Monitor loss activity and implement pricing/coverage modifications as required, partnering with AXIS Claims to identify trends.
- Supervise program filings and regulatory compliance. Manage PA/MGA contract changes and amendments.
- Collaborate with Claims, Operations, CUOs office, Finance, Technology, and Ceded Reinsurance teams as necessary.
- Administer profit-sharing plans or captive agreements if applicable and ensure that estimated future payments are being accrued.
- Maintain industry knowledge and market intelligence via continuing professional development, collaboration with internal stakeholders, and attending industry conferences and events.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- A four-year degree from an accredited university is required
- Minimum of 7+ years Surety Experience required
- Surety background addressing middle Market and Complex Accounts across Commercial and Contract Solutions.
- Strong industry relationships with carriers and distributors
- Must possess an in-depth financial understanding of Surety business with the ability to develop financial projections and forecasts on existing and prospective clients
- Must possess the ability to negotiate contracts, develop comprehensive business plans and establish sales proposals
- Extensive knowledge of Surety solutions, policy construction, rating, and advisory/rating organization products and services required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal support units, as well as senior/executive management