Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$53,900.00 - $89,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Benefits organization at Travelers oversees all company-wide employee benefit programs, including health and wellness, savings, retirement, and work-life. As a Consultant on the Retirement Administration team, you will provide administrative services to the Travelers Pension and 401(k) Plan, including supporting the preparation of pension election forms and payments, responding to inquiries from participants regarding eligibility and other matters, periodic data maintenance and general customer service tasks.
What Will You Do?
- Working under moderate supervision, utilize the pension administration system to manage participant requests, prepare pension election forms and process payments.
- Research and respond to participant benefit plan inquiries, create a positive customer experience for plan retirees and their beneficiaries; Respond to cases forwarded by the Employee Services Unit call center.
- Maintain data in Pension and 401(k) administration systems. Work with administration systems, Human Resource database and employee records when necessary to resolve data issues.
- Provide support to pension administration manager and benefits team members.
- Complete retirement benefit plan related administration as needed, may assist with Health & Welfare tasks.
- Provide support to our retirement plans, including assisting with core projects and audits.
- Assist with tasks related to international benefits, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's and/or associate degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of benefits related experience.
- Experience using HR Technology platforms, including Workday.
- Experience with pension plan benefits calculations.
- Written and oral skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excel, Word and related software package skills required.
- Ability to interpret facts and figures.
- Works well in a team environment--establishes and maintains effective work relationships.
- Highly ethical and can maintain confidentiality.
- CEBS exams and designations.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 1 year of retirement plan related experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.