We are in need of a Temporary Marketing Operations Specialist to manage and optimize the execution of marketing initiatives in coordination with project owners. The position exists to focus on end-to-end marketing optimization to generate and sustain the financial growth and market share of the Company.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Develops and collaborates on the organization's communication strategy including media outreach and social media content.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Marketing (EM) team in developing a broad range of marcomm solutions.
- Assists in designing and implementing core marketing communications functions, including collateral development, events/trade show logistics, sales promotions, advertising, and public relations campaigns, etc.
- Assists with press releases and media outreach to national business and insurance trade media.
- Partners with the social media committee to help develop content and monitor key industry trends across LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Manages and creates creation of Enterprise Marketing section of internal website (iPortal). Including: updating and maintaining web content, ensuring links are active, content is current, and free of typo's or grammatical errors.
- Prepares presentations for management and marketing teams highlighting progress, goals, and achievements. Including ownership and development of bi-monthly department contribution to the Leadership report.
Maintains detailed department project status reports.
- Maintains and tracks all marketing project activities in the Project Management (PM) system (Aha!).
- Ensures data accuracy and completeness of project entries in the Project Management system, which includes System training and compliance.
- Tracks metrics of various campaigns (e.g. email open/click through rates, google analytics, etc.).
- Develops and maintains a reporting process to increase project performance visibility and potential risks and allows for prioritization of critical projects that will have the largest impact.
- Develops project intake process and system whereby all inbound requests are captured, vetted for background details and context, assigned, and tracked within PM system. Including ensuring same day response to requestors and regular stakeholder updates on project progress.
- Analyzes marketing metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), creating dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Manages application of Return on Investment (ROI) forecasts per EM project, drives the assessment/monthly progress updates.
Researches, writes, and reviews communications utilized internally and externally to meet the departments objectives.
- Proofs various marcomm pieces (e.g. collateral, emails, newsletters, etc.).
- Collaborates with internal teams to develop team member communications, including intranet content, newsletters, and email messages.
- Coordinates, reviews, and approves team (EM) contributions to monthly business intelligence and team member newsletters.
- Serves as Poppulo Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the marketing team, including development and execution of customer newsletters.
Oversees key aspects of project execution and vendor management.
- Coordinates and monitors all vendor activities such as printed marketing materials (sales and product collateral) and other promotional marketing items. Including obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, and quality of work.
- Researches and identifies promotional items per business stakeholder use case.
- Maintains regular communication with vendors for status on delivery schedules while keeping marketing team current on status of jobs and any potential issues that may affect deadlines.
- Evaluates vendor performance, reviews invoices, and ensures payments are made via company purchasing system.
- Manages EM OKR contributions to internal tracking tool (Ally), ensuring compliance and quality assurance.
Manages customer and team member events, and direct to consumer engagement opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates national tradeshow schedule.
- Manages, procures, and optimizes tradeshow/customer event promotions, venue selection/negotiation, booth designs, collateral, related sales staff training, budgets, lead capture and ROI.
- Creates and manages communication calendar/schedule for four separate segments: agents, policyholders, injured workers, and team members. Ensures team visibility and usage for planning purposes to avoid message saturation and to optimize open and CTRs.
- Coordinates and manages team member events, across Customer Experience (CX) and EM. May include annual strategic planning offsite, OKR workshops, and CX Day.
Provides general administrative support in varied projects critical to Marketing initiatives.
- Acts as Salesforce.com SME for the Marketing team, to include data pulls and managing system upgrade requests.
- Coordinates EM's utilization of the Marketing Research Online Community, including content creation and securing required approvals from CX.
- Assists with various administrative tasks (e.g. maintain mailing lists, order collateral and supplies, etc.).
- Contributes to Enterprise Marketing's overall creativity, innovative thinking, and problem-solving aptitudes.
- Works collaboratively with all cross-functional teams and branches throughout the organization.
- Coordinates and manages media room schedule and compliance with utilization guidelines.
- Coordinates and manages department specific business process mapping exercises.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, Communications, Public relations, or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of related experience required.
- Project management certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Ability to process detailed information successfully and consistently. Ability to present ideas and information clearly. Ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Poppulo preferred. Strong financial acumen to manage budgets, represent financial liabilities, and track expenses.
- Experience working with product / packaging vendors / agencies (e.g. tactical design agencies, POS design/production agencies, fulfillment agencies, comp vendors…etc.).
The salary range listed for this position is $31.35/hr to $52.87/hr. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire towards the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth.
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.