A&H Business Development Lead
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
This position manages some existing and prospects for new programs. This individual, develops, reviews, evaluates and manages complex Accident & Health Specialty programs from Managing General Underwriters (MGU). This includes assessing risk, and work with Underwriting in setting underwriting parameters for MGUs/Program Managers including both rates and coverage levels.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains producer/program relationships.
• Reviews and evaluates complex Accident and Health new business opportunities/programs and case submissions with Underwriting to determine risk acceptability and coverage levels.
• Works closely with external MGUs/Program Mangers to obtain additional required information in determining either our new or renewal position.
• Works with operations to on-board new MGUs/Programs and/or modify existing MGUs/Programs.
• Works with Underwriting in the achieve targeted loss ratios by maintaining underwriting discipline through the underwriting selection and renewal process.
• Participate in A&H Underwriting & Risk Committee meetings.
• Acts as liaison between internal functional departments and external vendors
• Handles special projects and assignments at the request of A&H leadership team.
• Ensure digital files are maintained per AXIS Insurance procedures including but not limited to proper documentation, structure and authorizations.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Requires at least eight (8) years Accident and Health experience with an insurance carrier or an MGU/Program Manager
• Requires at least five (5) years of experience working with and overseeing MGAs/MGUs or Program Managers.
• Requires at least at least three (3) years of Program Management experience.
• Market Segment knowledge: Leisure Travel, Sports, Leisure and Entertainment, First Responders and Volunteer Organizations and Occupational Accident/Non-Subscriber.
• Product knowledge: Accident Medical Expense, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Out of Country Medical Insurance, Trip Cancellation/Interruption.
• Other products knowledge helpful but not required: Corporate Accident (Business Travel Accident, Voluntary Accident), Occupational Accident, Critical Illness, Disability, Life, Supplemental Medical, Vision and Pet Insurance products.
Other desired skills and characteristics:
• Strong Sales Skills
• A&H and/or P&C License (not required but good to have)
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong financial acumen
• Demonstrated communication skills to interact well with Senior Management & external partners
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Team player
• Displays initiative and ability to work independently
• Travel required (30%+)
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $130K-$150K . The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location. In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.