Surety Account Assistant
Propel Insurance, an Alera Group Company is looking for a Surety Account Assistant to join their team! We are happy to entertain remote candidates, but work hours will be Pacific time.
At Propel, we make it our business to know our clients worlds inside and out. With decades of industry-specific experience, we bring our clients a real-world understanding of the challenges they face. We're recognized as a leader in providing innovative insurance solutions, and are proud of the long-standing partnerships we've developed with many of the nation's leading carriers.
Our employees are devoted to serving our customers and knowing insurance. As it turns out, insurance isn't the only thing they are passionate about.
The Account Assistant works in conjunction with the Bond Manager, Account Managers and Producers for the purpose of writing new surety business and servicing existing accounts. The main role is to ensure customer satisfaction by processing bond requests in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. .
- Process renewal requests that comply with company standards such as: agency bill renewals, direct bill renewals, makes sure all items have been invoiced, properly documented, and finalized.
- Process new bond requests that comply with company standards such as: license and permit bonds, miscellaneous bonds, subdivision bonds, riders, endorsements, cancellations, etc.
- Maintain and update database in Erlon, Sagitta and ImageRight ensuring proper and accurate documentation.
- Participate in and complete assigned training goals.
- Establish and maintain reputable relationships with Surety company underwriters, clients, producers, and peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Manager
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Agency Management System Experience. AMS Sagitta preferred.
- Bond Program Experience preferred. Erlon preferred.
- Strong technical coverage knowledge of Surety preferred
- Strong work ethic – timely follow-up, team oriented, proactive, detail oriented, and dependable.
- Ability to work independently
Experience and Education
- Resident State Agents License or ability to obtain one within 2 months.
- Contract Surety/Insurance experience preferred
- College degree preferred.
- Occasional travel to remote office locations, seminars, training, and conferences.
- Valid driver's license.
Benefits: We offer comprehensive benefits to employees, including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, paid time off and much more.
Salary range: $45,000 to $85,000/yr.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.