Sales Producer - Property & Casualty Personal Lines
Lighthouse, an Alera Group Company is seeking a Sales Producer - Property & Casualty Personal Lines to join their team!
Are you looking to be part of a company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a positive impact?
Join a team where each employee is empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each other up through mutual accountability and shared success?
If that is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an amazing organization!
About Lighthouse, An Alera Group Company
Established in 1995, Lighthouse is a full-service insurance firm serving communities throughout Michigan. We are proud, trusted insurance experts empowering our clients to live confidently knowing the Lighthouse Team is behind them. As an Alera Group company, our teams have access to a national pool of industry-leading resources while maintaining our unique local capabilities, relationships, and commitment to the communities we serve. We provide the best of both worlds: national scope and local service.
Why Work Here?
We maintain a unique model of collaboration at a local and national level enabling employees to learn, grow, and make a positive impact. We focus on listening generously, speaking straight, and building each other up through mutual accountability and shared success.
The Producer will be responsible for building a profitable book of business while supporting the growth of strategic carrier partnerships in Lighthouse Group. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role will work closely with other Producers on the Sales Team to drive revenue growth for the organization using an internal lead system as well as building their own external referral stream and partnerships. Additional responsibilities include up-selling, account rounding, and referring other business units. This position requires professional and attentive interaction with Lighthouse Group carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and colleagues.
- Use lead list and inbound calls to convert prospects to clients
- Build external and predictable referral partnerships in the community
- Manage, organize, and conduct client meetings to secure new business
- Create insurance proposals tailored to fit a client's unique needs by appropriately determining carrier placement as well as proper protection
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously – calendar appointments, task-lists, and emails
- Meet, or exceed, annual sales goals as established with Sales Manager and Vice President of Sales
- Actively engage in mentor/mentee relationship with senior team members to ensure team goals are achieved
- Properly on-board clients by providing a thorough introduction to policy service resources as well as the Account Management team
- Consistently complete necessary pipeline and production related reports
- Drive inclusive, accountable, motivating sales culture through individual actions and goal achievement
- Actively participate in sales meetings and events
- Effectively communicate the capabilities of Lighthouse Group to prospects and clients to promote cross-selling
- Understand and support the execution of Lighthouse Group initiatives, policies, and programs. Work in good faith toward the achievement of organizational objectives and goals
- Maintain and strengthen client relationships and Lighthouse brand through social engagement and community involvement
- Build and maintain positive relationships within Lighthouse Group. Value opinions of all team members. Be willing and able to work for, and with, others to achieve a common goal. Treat other team members with respect. Assume positive intent.
- Follow proper procedures for insurance standards. Protect and honor confidential information. Maintain highest ethical standards
- Actively support local community
- Perform other duties and projects as required
- Five years insurance experience
- Customer service and sales experience
- Exceptional and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team
- Possess the knowledge and technical skills required to perform job responsibilities.
- Keep up to date on industry developments, practices, and continuing education. Work closely with carriers and utilize them as knowledge resources.
- Skill and ability to read and understand online company manuals and insurance forms
- Michigan Property & Casualty Insurance License
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonus program
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.