Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$116,200.00 - $191,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Enterprise Segmentation team at Travelers is building an emerging customer segmentation capability that will power business efforts to target and engage customers, drive value and create a competitive advantage. As a Director, Customer Segmentation you have the opportunity to help build and activate Travelers segmentation capabilities and support large scale segmentation projects that will advance business objectives.
What Will You Do?
Key leader to support and lead segmentation projects. Scope of efforts can include
- Support build and activation of segmentation. Act as team member to partner with research, data science leads and business unit stakeholders to build new segmentation approach. Help expand knowledge of their customer market by blending traditional data sources with behavioral economic to create robust customer segments.
- Support activation of segmentation. Key segmentation team member in guiding stakeholders on how to use segmentation to create value and enable strategic goals. Help mature capability and flexibly support use of segmentation to advance business objectives including product, distribution, marketing, etc. Support activating within use case tests that can scale.
- Support sustainment of segmentation. Key leader to sustain and enhance segmentation. Incorporate enhanced data, research and business insights to continue to improve segmentation. Translate findings and influence or lead efforts to drive business impact.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor degree
- Blend of insurance or financial services industry background plus customer centered business experience ideally on a business that is run from a segment led perspective.
- Understanding of concepts of targeting and using segmentation across the P&L to drive value (strategy, product, experience, marketing). Understanding of modern segmentation including deriving attitudes and beliefs (behavioral economics), embedding an internal market view, and an external market view all with an aim of providing enhanced value to the business unit stakeholder/s.
- Synthesizer and conceptual thinker with data and research acumen. Ability to digest broad range of data and research, make linkages and draw conclusions, and translate complex concepts in a compelling and simplified way. Experienced in working with market research and principles of research.
What is a Must Have?
- Six years of experience in a related experience management, market research, marketing, or experience analytics environment.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.