Commercial Lines Producer-West Region
7 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created through the merger of like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms across the United States. We provide the best of both worlds: national scope and world-class local service.
We have grown tremendously over the past few years and our future looks even brighter. In fact, Business Insurance named us the 2nd fastest growing brokers, with a 76% growth rate. We've lost count on how many of our member firms have earned Best Places to Work honors in their local markets!
As a Sales Producer, you will develop a pipeline of new clients through direct and indirect customer contact and prospecting with follow-up on leads to identify business opportunities. You are responsible for making initial contacts and developing relationships with prospective clients that grow into business opportunities. Networking and developing contacts across the community for opportunities is an important part of this position.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to complex problems, conclusions, or approaches to problems and what options may be most appropriate to meet a prospect's needs.
- Identify centers of influence that can assist with developing leads or with making inroads to potential clients.
- Develop relationships and perform analysis with prospective clients to understand their organization, key decision makers, and business needs.
- Meet sales goals and retain relationships with key stakeholders after prospects become clients with an eye toward cross-sell and round-out opportunities.
- Understand principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and sales techniques.
- Select or assist customers in selecting products based on customer needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 Years Prior Professional Experience as a Sales Consultant working with customers with a successful track record of new business and providing an exceptional experience.
- CA Property & Casualty Insurance License.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for presenting, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of general business principles, strategic planning, resource allocation, profit/loss requirements, organizational structures, and operational needs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Requires travel to networking, prospect, and client locations.
- Experience in the healthcare industry (nursing homes, assisted living, home health and hospice) is a bonus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.