This position is accountable for meeting/exceeding sales goals within a designated territory. The incumbent will promote Flex's products, services, and technology platform of our General Agency carriers; build and foster new and existing broker and client relationships; and serve as a knowledgeable resource regarding our health insurance, technology platforms, and related products and services.
· Consistently meets sales objectives, appointments and prospecting goals set by management.
· Promotes digital sales platforms to enhance and streamline the overall broker sales experience
· Identifies and develops relationships with new brokers and clients.
· Meets with existing brokers and clients as necessary to increase sales opportunities.
· Participates in call campaigns to increase sales opportunities. This includes regular cold calling and handling objections in a positive manner.
· Provides consultative services to our brokers and clients to assist with sales.
· Attends off-site meetings, appointments, and industry events to increase sales opportunities.
· Utilizes sales database and software tools to assist in managing sales territory.
· Advises brokers and clients on pertinent health insurance related issues that impact their business. Keeps them informed of latest government regulations and product updates/changes.
· Proactively communicates with brokers and clients to evaluate their level of satisfaction and solicits feedback on how service can be improved.
· Maintains collaborative relationships with internal staff to facilitate new sales.
· Prepare sales reports as requested.
Training & Education
· Keeps abreast of market changes and regulations as they relate to employee health benefit products and services. Participates in carrier training and meetings to keep informed of changes at the carrier level. Assists with training internal staff, brokers, and clients on knowledge acquired.
· Conducts broker and client training as necessary to facilitate meeting and exceeding sales goals.
· Delivers seminars and webinars and/or other presentations to further sales opportunities and support enrollment meetings.
· Participates in the implementation of sales strategies to enhance sales efforts.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
Specialized training in the group health benefits insurance field.
· Minimum 2 years of outside business-to-business sales experience and 1 year employee benefits insurance experience.
· Current State Insurance Producer's License, or the ability obtain this license within the first 1-2 months of employment. This must be maintained throughout employment in the position.
· Working knowledge of tax-advantaged benefit plans (FSA's, HRA's, HSA's) is a plus
· Basic understanding of compliance issues related directly to the group health and ancillary insurance market.
· Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational skills and efficient at meeting deadlines
· Energetic, positive, self-starter with desire to succeed
· Outgoing, friendly personality with a professional demeanor and a high level of integrity
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, master tasks and train others
· Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
· Ability to frequently cold call
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Proficient with Customer Relationship Management(CRM) software – ex: Microsoft Dynamics, Sales Force
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining professional, courteous, and helpful
· Ability to work remotely while maintaining efficiencies
· On average, up to 60% local travel required. Must hold a valid driver's license with no restrictions and possess own vehicle.
· Given the seasonal nature of the business, incumbent will have limited ability to take vacation or personal days from October 1st through January 15th.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
· Must have the ability and dedication to drive sales and meet goals established as well as be effective with evaluating client's needs and recommending/selling products and services which meet these needs.