Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$41,900.00 - $69,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Enterprise Customer Advocacy is a primary resource operations group assisting customers, agents, brokers, employees, third party individuals, and supports our business lines by handling customer inquiries via phone, web emails, social media amongst other support channels across the enterprise. The Customer Advocacy Service Representative is a customer-facing role that assists customers, agents, brokers and other 3rd party individuals in answering questions, resolving service issues, facilitating or escalating for additional assistance from our internal business partners to address the customer's service needs.
During the first 8 weeks of training, your schedule will be either 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST or 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday.
* Following training, you will assume your assigned work schedule: 2nd shift, only, which will include working 1 weekend day.
This position is 100 percent remote.
What Will You Do?
- Deliver exceptional customer experience to customers, agent, claimants and other 3rd party individuals by professionally answering inquiries and servicing escalations received via phone, direct & web emails, social media and other customer service channels spanning across the enterprise.
- Defuse escalated and/or complex customer issues, which may be contentious at times; probes to understand the underlying issue while maintaining a strong situational awareness.
- Make decisions starting from position of customer advocacy while recognizing and balancing risk, profitability and reputational impact; determine the best path to address and resolve service inquiries.
- Remain accountable to resolution; proactively drive and follow up on status until completion has been achieved; document all interactions and outcomes in work management tools.
- Applies a broad knowledge of Travelers operations, products, services, processes, digital capabilities and effectively interacts with multiple levels of the organization and business areas; summarize situations and articulate possible solutions.
- Achieve all service level requirements across all channels and meet all performance metrics goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College degree preferred
- 1 year - Customer Service Experience within Contact/Call Center.
- Knowledge in Financial Service, Insurance industry or Contact Center.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and make decisions based on variety of data.
- Ability to defuse conflict situations.
- Ability to develop relationships, credibility and rapport with customer, colleagues and business partners.
- Strong time management and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment (in the office or virtually).
- Ability to work flexible schedules if needed to support after-hour employees virtually (weekdays/weekends)
- Well versed in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with contact/call center telephony software products.
- General understanding on how to use a variety of Social Media platforms as a customer care channel.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify customer needs and offer solutions.
- Ability to be proactive in decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated highly effective customer advocacy skills.
- Possesses positive and engaging telephonic presence.
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with computer technology
- Ability to follow directions and escalate situations as appropriate to leadership.
- Understand how to use a variety of Social Media platforms
- Able to develop situation appropriate engagement strategies
- None at this time
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.