Consultant Accounting & Financial Systems
Financial Services, Sales, Accounting
Consultant Accounting & Financial Systems
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$54,400.00 - $89,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?This role will assist with coordination of the production, testing, reconciliation, and maintenance of the Travelers integrated financial database (General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets).
What Will You Do?
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity, and completeness of financial data to ensure accurate internal and external financial reporting.
- Complete financial activities for supported lines of business including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Compile financial data for variance analysis and reporting against expectations leveraging reporting tools, extracting data and beginning to look for trends or abnormalities.
- Prepare support documentation meeting all control standards including MAR and SOX 404 and 302 requirements.
- Update system tables and edits to meet business requirements and ensure data consistency across financial systems and may make updates and manage the foreign currency values and rates and/or translation rules.
- Train new team members on security approval process and may process approved security updates based on the security access of the individual user or business area, as needed.
- Manage enhancement queue in partnership with IT utilizing Agile methodology.
- Meet with customers to understand and define business data requirements applying understanding of overall data relationships, mapping lineage, and business rules to process business changes and system enhancements.
- May participate in development of project plans and engagement of project team(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Assist with coordination of the production, testing, reconciliation, and maintenance of the Travelers integrated financial database (General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets).
- Responsible for report/query execution and development.
- Troubleshoot resolution of accounting information with Investment, Treasury, Underwriting, and Expense areas that have data integrity issues on their interfaces.
- Run and maintain general ledger allocations.
- Monitor daily system process execution timelines.
- Assist with the coordination for testing of changes to the various sub-ledgers and underwriting source systems.
- Develop specifications and work closely with IT department to enhance the system and support business requirements.
- Preparation of documentation to meet 302 audit requirements.
- Provide customer service support and help desk coverage.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of customer training.
- Overtime is required monthly in order to assist in the consolidation of the Travelers Financial results.
- Ongoing opportunities to work on a variety of integration efforts and projects.
- Degree in accounting or finance and some related experience preferred.
- Basic accounting knowledge is necessary to prepare financial statements (e.g., Balance Sheet, Income Statements) and exhibits for management.
- An understanding of Corporate and Underwriting systems.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree or one of year related professional experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.