Sr Financial Consultant
Financial Services, Sales
Sr Financial Consultant
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$67,700.00 - $111,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?As part of National Accounts Group finance, this role would be responsible for the Residual Markets plan and monthly re-forecast, monthly and quarterly reporting, and would assist in modeling revenue and expense for the annual bid process. This role would also be responsible for performing analysis of the book of business to help identify trends and develop metrics that will assist senior leadership in developing business strategy. The ideal candidate will regularly seek out efficiencies to further streamline processes via collaboration with various members throughout the National Accounts Group Finance and Business organization.
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, evaluate, and validate financial and operational reports.
- Analyze and interpret trends and variances in business performance, while interacting with cross functional peers on a frequent basis.
- Perform testing and validation of data and analyses when applicable.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, observations, and recommendations to direct manager, team members and/or cross functional peers.
- Support your financial and business partners in the creation of analyses to support business strategy.
- Develop the annual plan and monthly re-forecast for the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or pursuing a Master's in Business Administration with a concentration in finance or accounting, or professional designations such as CPA, CMA or comparable advanced professional education.
- Experience with Financial Analysis concepts and processes and accounting practices and principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
- Ability to analyze data to interpret trends and provide insights to management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Financial Reporting Software (e.g. TM1, Essbase, Hyperion, etc.).
What is a Must Have?
- Two years of finance, financial planning, accounting, or related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.