Sales Executive Select (SoCal Territory)
Diamond Bar, California
Sales Executive Select (SoCal Territory)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$85,400.00 - $140,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for the execution of industry leading sales strategies; initiating and developing highly effective sales relationships with customers, distribution resources, and fellow employees. Creates tactical sales plans that provide for the profitable growth of respective segments -- consistently delivering on Select Accounts profit and revenue goals. Position requires state of the art sales skills, superior knowledge of Select Accounts products and services, broad-spectrum knowledge of corporate enterprise wide capabilities, and exceptional influence management skills. Delivers sales success within our framework of corporate values.
This is a remote position within the Los Angeles geographic territory. Interested candidates must be in the Los Angeles area, or willing to relocate to the territory.
What Will You Do?
- Identify new customers that fit our profile.
- Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment including key needs and buying patterns.
- Develop annual Business Development Plans for assigned territory .
- Work with designated distribution resources to develop Agency Partnership Plans for Strategic Partner Agents.
- Active and leading involvement in point of sale presentations.
- Establish strong producer relationships through high visibility, clear knowledge of company strategy and joint sales planning.
- Help facilitate working relationships between distribution resources and underwriters.
- Work with and influence all members of the Select Accounts team to exceed customer expectations.
- Owns the business development process within assigned market area with heavy emphasis on developing a pipeline of profitable new business and renewal retention.
- Assists in the development of proposals for point-of-sale; participates in and coordinates the Sales team for point-of-sale.
- Maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships with other business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Maintains an understanding of all Travelers products, services and solutions and initiates discussions with other businesses units as appropriate.
- Uses available automation tools to support the sales process and identify opportunities for additional products and services.
- Works collaboratively with other business units to remove roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure agents and brokers see Travelers as easy to do business with.
- Actively involved in the local business community.
- Prequalify accounts that meet underwriting & financial standards.
- Share information with and support the efforts of the Select Accounts team to manage distribution resources within an assigned territory.
- Active involvement in removing obstacles that interfere with effectively serving customer needs.
- Effectively articulate our Vision and work within our Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years sales or underwriting experience in the insurance industry
- Technical knowledge of Property & Casualty.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Platform skills, including facilitation.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Marketplace knowledge.
- Business and financial acumen.
- E-knowledge of Microsoft and Lotus products.
- C.I.C. (or willingness to pursue).
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of professional or underwriting experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.