Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$31,600.00 - $52,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Looking for stability? Think Travelers!
Join our team as a Customer Service Representative - Salary starting at $44,000.
This entry level position embodies Travelers' mission to help provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Bilingual Customer Service Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they need for life's unpredictable moments.
This is an In-Office/Hybrid opportunity for candidates local to Spokane-WA, Richardson-TX, Hartford-CT, Glens Falls-NY and Knoxville-TN. Candidates outside of those areas will be considered for a remote position.
By handling inbound calls from our existing customers in both Spanish and English, our Bilingual Customer Service Representative can build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide support to those who need it most. This role may assist customers and agents with quotes, policy inquires and changes, address insurance billing questions or handle inquiries on technical support in both Spanish and English. This rewarding opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits, collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers.
By joining the Travelers team as a Bilingual Customer Service Representative, you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000 after 3 months in your position. Additionally, to recognize your training and growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone bonus of $1,500 after 9 months in your position. That's an additional $2,500!
Don't miss our next opportunity - Currently accepting applications for our
July 31, 2023 Start Date.
The hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central Time; 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Training - We invest in your future!
* The first 12 weeks consists of paid, on-the-job training (Monday-Friday) to prepare you for success in your Customer Service role.
* Following training, the schedule will remain the same and you will support rotating weekends which consists of a Saturday every 5/6 weeks.
* This bilingual position offers a starting base salary of $44,000, PLUS the opportunity to earn monthly incentive based on performance.
* Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
What Will You Do?
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts in Spanish and English.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to existing policies in Spanish and English.
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls (Spanish and English) with guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls in Spanish and English.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert to provide proactive agency and customer support in Spanish and English.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and product. New business requests will be transferred as appropriate.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes in English.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance License preferred
- Technical knowledge:
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Customer service:
- Able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
- Communication skills:
- Exceptional oral and written communication, keyboard, and system navigation skills.
- Problem solving and decision making: Good decision making skills to handle requests, resolve issues and develop risk based on company guidelines.
- Seeks assistance on non-routine matters
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Fluent in Spanish language-required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.