Customer Service Desk Consultant
IT , Sales
Spokane, Washington State
Customer Service Desk Consultant
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$44,700.00 - $73,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Uses strong analytical skills, business and technical knowledge to provide operational and business support for computer systems to various internal and external customers via phone and non-phone methods related to Supported Systems. Proactively seeks opportunities to reduce costs and improve customer service. Identifies and develops problem resolution and knowledge database for use by service desk staff. Assumes ownership for a positive customer interaction for all calls taken.
What Will You Do?
- Uses available resources and industry best practices to determine if system(s) require corrective action and develops interim alternative work flows when possible.
- Answers internal/external customer phone calls, emails and fax inquiries and communicates results.
- Understands established service level agreements, and effectively works to meet or exceed those standards.
- Analyzes inquiry using various investigative tools to determine if system changes are required.
- Logs customer inquiries in corporate ticket tool and escalates to IT personnel on an as needed basis.
- May create and/or update team systems related procedure manuals.
- May develop manual/materials to assist in the training of staff.
- May be assigned to special projects of a simple to moderate complexity on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Insurance Knowledge preferred.
- Customer Service and/or Help Desk experience preferred.
- Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of application systems and of the systems area supporting the business functions.
- A working knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow and a conceptual understanding of the business.
- Proficient in the use agency system configurations and applications.
- Where appropriate maintains a basic knowledge of business trends.
- Sometimes requires assistance to perform tasks.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to recognize and analyze problems and develop timely solutions with minimal supervision.
- Team Orientation:
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Balances team and incumbent responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and peers when appropriate, utilizing solid written or oral skills.
- Is a self-motivated to drive towards meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Operational Awareness:
- Generates innovative ideas on how to improve internal team workflows and processes, as well as identify systems changes that may ultimately enable the company and/or customer to operate in a cost-effective manner.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.