Director of Agency Programs, Multiple Line Insurance
- American National Insurance Company
- Glenmont, New York
- Not Specified
- May 15, 2023
- Jul 14, 2023
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Do you dream of leading a team with a growing company? Do you find yourself looking for complex problems to solve and ways to create new programs? Is working with people a passion of yours? If so, American National has an opportunity for you!
As Director of Agency Programs, Multiple Line, you will have an impactful role in leading the development of our Multiple Line agent distribution programs. The agent distribution programs are the way we connect the field with the home office, in strategy, process and support to grow our partnerships and success into the future. We work alongside our agency field force to create the best programs and communication to have strategic and meaningful growth. This can include how we bring on new talent, collaborating with internal and external teams for development strategies for new agents, negotiating new relationships and contracts to expand their businesses and more. Our team is passionate about advocating for our field to provide valuable tools and resources, while we continue to preserve our culture of trust and authenticity, which is of utmost importance to American National. We are looking for someone who is able to communicate openly, listen intently and positively add to our team by creating innovative programs.
What Will You Do?
• Engage with your team to build strategies for successful agency programs based on trends and data
• Exhibit strong leadership ability to create an inclusive team
• Design agent career paths that support the development of new agency owners
• Support the selection process and collaborate with the ML Recruiting Team to drive new hires and appeal to new talent to increase diversity
• Engage with leaders and stakeholders to ensure the programs are supportive of the goals and direction of American National
• Collaborate with the field and internal teams to build effective implementation of the programs
• Build in communication plans for all new and enhanced programs
• Create and implement a program that is focused on increased retention and production of the field
• You have spent at least the last 2 years leading and developing teams to produce results that are game changers
• At least 6 years of your experience has been in program development, insurance programs, or project management
• Communication is the focus of everything you do. You are able to communicate strategy, programs, and techniques to be successful with new ideas
• Problem solving is fun for you. You look for new ways to creatively solve any roadblocks or situations that come up
• You have successfully utilized innovative and new ideas to lead and develop programs or projects
• Accountability and dedication to your team and the success of the programs make you excited about this opportunity
• Bachelor's degree in like field of Business Administration, Risk Management, Communication; or equivalent experience
• Excellent Interpersonal skills and effective communication abilities (verbal and written)
• Management experience
Salary for this position can range from $84,000 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $105,000 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill and education.
Employees (and their families) have the opportunity to be covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan. Employees also receive annually a bank of paid time off and paid holidays. We aspire to see people for what they bring to our corporate culture by supporting an inclusive work environment, including an emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, development opportunities, and a casual dress code.
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal. Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
American National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected categories. American National is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.