Regional Sales Director Select (Northern CA)
Sales, Executive / Management
Walnut Creek, California
Regional Sales Director Select (Northern CA)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$124,300.00 - $205,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for the deployment, management, mentoring and development of an industry leading sales force. In cooperation with other Select leaders, creates and articulates a sales strategy that consistently provides a competitive edge in the marketplace. Builds organization capability in sales through effective tactical leadership of Select Accounts Sales resources and executing state of the art disciplines and skills. Consistently delivers on Select Accounts profit and revenue goals. Demonstrates a vision for sales success within our framework of corporate values.
What Will You Do?
- Through Sales Executives, influence and drive effective Select-specific sales strategies leading to business success.
- Select, train, and develop effective Sales Executives capable of articulating our Vision and operating within our Values.
- Continual in-person coaching and mentoring of Sales Executives maintaining cutting edge sales techniques.
- Scrutinize and proactively manage measures of point of sale success, sales plan effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Create an environment that fosters high performance, learning and initiative.
- Ensures use of a business development process that delivers high quality prospects to segment underwriters.
- Work with Sales Executives to develop annual and three-year Sales plans with defined goals and objectives that support segment-specific strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships with other business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Maintains an understanding of all Travelers products, services and solutions and initiates discussions with other businesses units as appropriate.
- Shares field intelligence about trends and competitive practices with peers, REs, DEs and RDDs to promote organization learning and opportunities.
- Develop an annual Business Development Strategy for assigned territory.
- Direct and coordinate implementation of regional and national advertising and branding strategies.
- Exhibit superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with general market trends.
- Work closely with Select Accounts staff to develop and implement growth strategy of individual segments.
- Functional knowledge of Commercial Lines products and services with broad-spectrum knowledge of corporate enterprise wide capabilities.
- Actively participate in management of key producer relationships within the Region, ensuring distribution channel alignment with business needs, coupled with effective administration of compensation programs.
- Support efforts of the corporate agency management team to manage key strategic distribution relationships with national brokers, regional brokers, Enterprise Elite, and other significant cross-enterprise distribution resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree.
- 10 years insurance marketing or sales experience.
- 3 years of proven managerial experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Strategic & tactical leadership.
- Management skills and discipline.
- Business acumen.
- Financial acumen.
- Strategic agility.
- Platform skills, including facilitation.
- Technical sales & marketing.
- Include superior knowledge of selling through intermediaries and distributors.
- Excellent sales skills and ability to coach and mentor same.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- E-knowledge of Microsoft and Lotus products.
- C.I.C. Preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- 5 years of professional sales experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.