Director Decision Science -Agency Experience (CX)
Sales, Executive / Management
Director Decision Science -Agency Experience (CX)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$125,600.00 - $207,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you the kind of person who loves having clear goals, but thrives in an environment where the day-to-day work of achieving those goals is varied and sometimes unpredictable?
At Travelers, our vision is to advance our ability to fuel analytic-driven business decisions by accelerating cross-enterprise collaboration and capabilities.
As a Director of Enterprise Agency Experience Decision Science, you will combine data expertise, statistical principles, business understanding, relationship building, and communication skills that will advance analytical maturity and business outcomes. This job will primarily be responsible for a business-critical focus on agent experience.
Through explanatory modeling and analytics, you will surface actionable insights that influence how our lines of business use agency experience data to inform decisions and strategies. You'll be helping business partners understand how to get to 'the why' underneath agent trends and data.
This discipline focuses on supporting Agent Experience across all lines of business.
What Will You Do?
- Use appropriate techniques that may include diagnostic analysis, active monitoring and/or multivariate modeling methods to analyze agent experience in ways that can be used to influence strategic business decisions by balancing constraints and opportunities.
- Support exploration and build phases of customer data assets as a key stakeholder, representing and advocating for the agent experience analytics needs of such assets.
- Interpret and synthesize findings across multiple analyses and influence optimal business action based on balancing business constraints and analytical findings.
- Build organizational partnerships across lines and functional teams to define and inform key strategic decisions.
- Ensure sound data strategy, quality, and coding best practices and bring recommendations and suggestions for improvements to supporting areas.
- Be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent, onboard new employees and interns, and provide support for recruiting and talent assessment efforts.
- Explore and implement new data and analytic tools, techniques and industry best practices to apply to business problems
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field, or a Business School Master's Degree with a concentration in a technical or analytical field
- Passion for customer experience, transformation, and acting as a change agent
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Seven years of relevant data and analytic experience
- Experience working on large-scale multidimensional data using advanced knowledge of open-source cloud-enabled analytical programming languages.
- Experience using explanatory, diagnostic, and inferential techniques such as experimental design, hypothesis testing, clustering analysis, time series and other statistical modeling algorithms with the ability to decide the appropriate methodology for the purpose.
- Ability to think strategically and use judgement to resolve issues as they arise.
- Ensure timely completion of key deliverables across multiple related projects
- Experience managing complex analytics projects with dependencies on work from other employees and departments
- Proven ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact, tailor, and translate analyses and methodology and influence at senior levels of the organization.
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships across the Enterprise.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or five years of experience in data, analytics, engineering, science, technical analytical fields or relevant experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.