Assistant Vice President Architecture (Guidewire)
IT , Sales, Executive / Management
Assistant Vice President Architecture (Guidewire)
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$165,400.00 - $273,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?As a member of Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team that is passionate about transforming our business and technology capabilities and paving the way for best-in-class solutions.
As a Assistant Vice President of Architecture for Guidewire within the Applied Modernization architecture organization, you will collaborate with senior Technology and Business leaders and apply your knowledge of modern technology to influence and innovate solutions that impact the business. In this role we will look to you to:
*Apply your extensive Guidewire architecture experience by helping to support multiple Guidewire initiatives across the enterprise
*Provide consulting expertise with our division architects and be a champion for helping to mature an enterprise Guidewire architecture practice
*Help to align capabilities within Guidewire to fit the needs of our business groups and look for opportunities to promote reusability and commonality
*Help to establish governance and control processes to ensure successful and healthy Guidewire implementations
*Demonstrate a strong passion for following and sharing Guidewire's Cloud roadmap and highlight opportunities and challenges to complement our initiatives
Let us help you accelerate your career as we grow our team and transform our business!
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on Location.
What Will You Do?
- Organizational responsibility for a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of Modernization across the enterprise
- Works with the Senior leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Senior Software Engineering leadership
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
- Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy
- Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 10+ years of technology Architecture experience
- Provided mentorship to architecture leaders
- Organizational and transformational Leadership Experience in an agile operating model
- Expert level Software Engineering awareness
- Led development of strategic technology direction and architecture vision for an organization
- Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Proven track record of Influencing C-level leadership
- Insurance technology experience
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives
- Current experience with AWS, APIs, Accelerators, DevSecOps
- Guidewire Certification or strong architecture experience on Guidewire Cloud, Policy Center preferr
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience
- Eight years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture within a line of business or enterprise area
- Two years of previous management experience
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.