Compliance Consultant Consumer Affairs
Legal / Compliance, Sales
Compliance Consultant Consumer Affairs
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$59,400.00 - $97,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Compliance Consultant is a customer-facing role in Travelers' Consumer Affairs unit and is primarily responsible for reviewing, monitoring and tracking consumer complaints.
Interacts directly with individuals via phone as well as in writing. This includes state insurance departments and regulatory agencies.
Partners closely with internal business units to ensure that the company is in compliance with NAIC and state requirements.
What Will You Do?
- Independently receive, review, record, and assign consumer complaints received by Travelers.
- Interact with customers, consumers and state insurance department examiners concerning consumer complaints.
- Independently partner with appropriate business areas to research and respond to all consumer complaints.
- Ensure all complaints are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner and escalate matters as required.
- Correspond with state insurance department examiners in the negotiation and resolution of consumer complaints.
- Track, monitor, and report on appropriate resolution of consumer complaints.
- With oversight, may participate in the review of complaint data and trends and communication of results to business groups.
- Build strong business relationships with internal stakeholders and state insurance department examiners.
- Deliver exceptional customer experience.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a broad array of clients across the organization. Listens and understands what others are saying. Shares information and maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjust communication based on audience.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to defuse conflict situations.
- Knowledge of insurance business, including knowledge of business line products and procedures.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with team, business, and technical partners to achieve objectives.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with business partners and understand business priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, competing priorities and multiple deadlines. Ability to work independently and also effectively with others in a team environment.
- Operational and organizational skills. Knows how to get things done.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Demonstrates effective and efficient decision making.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams. Knowledge of business applications/systems. Experience with adopting and learning new computer applications. Experience with matter management and document management programs.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant business and/or regulatory experience required.
- Ability to analyze and understand laws and regulations as required.
- Prior experience with state jurisdictional guidelines, regulations and procedures preferred.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.