Allstate Dealer Services - Senior Underwriting Consultant (Remote/Home Based Worker)
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Work From Home
- Apr 20, 2023
- Jun 19, 2023
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Underwriting Senior Consultant is responsible for the leading support of data collection used for higher complexity analytics. This role will expand to and partner with other AORs ensuring the work being completed by each team is unique, and not being replicated.Key Responsibilities:
- Recommends the integration and delivery of planned underwriting changes/projects/products
- Understands and makes observations on market specific implications on business strategies (e.g., impacts on product changes relative to mix of business trends, correct classification, discount utilization, etc.)
- Utilizes breadth of knowledge to identify and resolve underwriting issues and implications on operational processes (e.g., mix of business trends, inspection results, risk management policy gaps)
- Independently evaluates and performs data trend analysis (e.g., sales, product distribution, risk management, financial, loss, etc.) in support of underwriting strategies
- Forecasts short-term and long-term deliverables
- Develops/designs new underwriting plans, programs, processes, and products
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, and products for leadership
- Solicits input from key internal and external stakeholders
- Monitors higher level metrics/data to ensure processes are followed and applied consistently; actively communicates anomalies and recommended actions to appropriate stakeholders
This job does not have supervisory duties.Preferred Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced underwriting, product management, and F&I Product industry knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of data retrieval and manipulation utilizing Excel, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, R and VBA
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability for achieving results
- Effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff (both written and verbal)
Compensation offered for this role is$73,000.00-$81,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.