Senior Consultant Decision Science
IT , Sales
Senior Consultant Decision Science
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$83,500.00 - $137,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Do you like working in the fast-paced world of direct-to-consumer marketing? Do you enjoy querying data environments to measure results? Do you like finding and solving business problems? If so, the Personal Insurance marketing team has the perfect opportunity for you! Our vision is to advance our ability to fuel analytic-driven business decisions by accelerating collaboration and business capabilities.
As a Sr. Consultant, Decision Science, you will combine data expertise, statistical principles, business understanding, relationship building, and communication skills that will help to advance analytical maturity and business outcomes. Through explanatory modeling and analytics as well as experimental design and related inferential techniques, you will surface actionable insights that influence business decisions and strategies. Simply put, you are helping the business understand 'the why' underneath business trends and data.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on location.
What Will You Do?
- Understand and leverage the structured and well-documented data sources that are typically used at Travelers.
- Extract and summarize data from relational tables, merge data appropriately, create new variables, levels and groups, check quality of data and work, while following coding best practices.
- Use techniques that may include diagnostic analysis, active monitoring and/or multivariate methods designed to answer business questions, test hypotheses, or assess impacts and results.
- Apply appropriate visualization (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) to analytic insights via tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlik, or Excel/PowerPoint.
- Interpret analyses and communicate findings to the core project team, recommending optimal business actions.
- Leverage Google Analytics to identify trends associated with Travelers.com Personal Insurance pages and various online quoting capabilities.
- Identify opportunities to leverage analytics to support the increased optimization of marketing initiatives (e.g., paid search campaigns, price comparison website (PCW) partnerships, etc.).
- Support the auditing of internal/external marketing environments to ensure that new/existing marketing campaigns are properly setup and can be effectively evaluated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field, or a Business School Master's Degree with a concentration in a technical or analytical field.
- Three years of related data and analytic experience.
- Experience using explanatory, diagnostic, and inferential techniques such as experimental design, hypothesis testing, clustering analysis, time series and other statistical modeling algorithms with the ability to decide the appropriate methodology for the purpose.
- Experience working on large-scale multidimensional data using knowledge of open-source cloud-enabled analytical programming languages.
- Ability to research and leverage existing documentation (data libraries, governance, etc.).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain analyses with business partners.
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the data & analytics community within Personal Insurance.
- Experience writing SQL queries against databases.
- Experience building programs in tools such as Databricks, R, or Python.
- Experience using data within cloud environments such as S3, RedShift, or Snowflake.
- Experience using site analytic platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Awareness of tag management solutions such as Google Tag Manager or the Tealium product suite (e.g., iQ, AudienceStream, EventStream, etc.).
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or two years of experience in data, analytics, engineering, science, technical analytical fields or relevant experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.