Area Sales Manager - TX, OK, LA, AR
- Allstate Insurance Company
- 77001, Houston
- Apr 17, 2023
- Jun 16, 2023
- Executive / Management, Sales
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Primary Purpose:
Responsible for recruiting agents within an assigned RSD territory. ASM will take direction from Regional Sales Director and perform broad-based recruiting, training and maintaining of agents in assigned territory.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Engage new producers and agencies and establish a deck of agents
- Consult with and aggregate agent activities to share successes around the organization (intel gathering)
- Recruit agents in large geographic area
- Enhance ability to respond to market opportunities and target carriers and products by providing service and support to territory-based agencies and agents
- Consistently maintain KEAP CRM to manage and promote agent contact
- Create excitement about National General products via contact through primarily the face-to-face meetings and telephone but also flyers, postcards, e-mails etc.
- Provide territory training on applicable processes and products as needed
- Travel extensively mostly within assigned territory (50%+)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales and marketing experience within an Insurance industry or related field
- A&H Sales Health and Life license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
- Previous Sales position experience
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess above average verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to be persuasive, clearly communicate, and multi-task
- Valid U.S. State-issued drivers license required
- Must be able to travel frequently by land and air
Proven success in positively positioning products
Experience in training and development
Compensation offered for this role is$50,000 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.