Head of Glatfelter Programs Sales & Marketing
- Glatfelter Insurance Group
- York, Pennsylvania
- Not Specified
- Apr 17, 2023
- Jun 16, 2023
- Marketing / Communications, Sales
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
For over 70 years, Glatfelter Insurance Group has believed in doing the right thing for our clients, agents, communities and associates. This founding principle has enabled Glatfelter to grow from the kitchen-table, one-man-operation as it began, to one of the largest managing general agencies in the U.S. with nearly 500 associates across the country, a distribution network of over 4,500 independent brokers and more than 30,000 clients. It is what drives us to innovate—the desire to deliver the best for our clients. Founded as The Glatfelter Agency, which is still in operation, the program basis of Glatfelter Insurance Group, Volunteer Fireman's Insurance Services (VFIS), was founded in 1961. Throughout the years, Glatfelter has expanded to include specialized program business inclusive of public entities, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, and religious organizations. Glatfelter provides their insureds with comprehensive insurance solutions including property, casualty, life insurance, and more. In 2018, Glatfelter joined American International Group (AIG) and is now part of the AIG family.About the Position
Glatfelter Insurance Group is seeking an experienced and results driven sales professional to lead and manage sales, distribution and marketing for Glatfelter Program Sales and Marketing including Glatfelter Public Entities, Glatfelter Healthcare, Glatfelter Ministry Care and The Glatfelter Agency. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for the planning and implementation of sales and marketing objectives, policies and programs; management oversight of the division's budget, including profit and loss; management of day-to-day operations; and the promotion of associate development.Key Responsibilities
- Working with direct reports and members of the executive leadership team develop and establish action plans for achieving long range sales and marketing goals and objectives consistent with business mission and corporate philosophy.
- Manage sales and marketing activities, which includes a consistent distribution philosophy, an analysis of competitive products/services and selling techniques, sales goals, and distribution methods.
- Recommend product/service modifications or improvements based on findings of market research, technical service work or sales personnel feedback.
- Develop a business plan to expand the delivery of Wholesale/Specialty Program products and services to a broader market base.
- Oversee Glatfelter corporate Marketing public relations, communications and sales promotions activities.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in insurance sales and marketing with management, budgetary and planning responsibilities.
- Experienced in the design, development, and implementation of direct and/or brokered insurance programs.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment and inspire individuals and teams to achieve professional development and growth opportunities within the organization.
- Strong communication skills; able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Organizational skills and ability to handle tasks on a priority basis required to maintain consistent high quality and to meet short- and long-term program objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of empathy with the ability to effectively persuade various personality types.
- Ability to establish, develop and achieve organizational goals through the process of effective management of people.
- Ability to effectively manage production goals to include hiring, training, compensating, and monitoring a sales force.
- Must have or obtain and maintain valid Property & Casualty and Life & Health licenses in all states.
- Bachelor's degree, business-related curriculum preferred
- Advanced insurance training completed, CPCU or CIC preferred
Glatfelter is honored to have been named a Best Place to Work in PA since 2005. We are proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. In addition to 17 paid holidays, (which includes a personal holiday and mental health and wellness day) we provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and volunteer needs.
We believe in fostering our associates' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for associates to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible associates to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Glatfelter Insurance Group to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At Glatfelter, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Glatfelter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.