Sr. Consultant External Data & Supplier Relations
Sr. Consultant External Data & Supplier Relations
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$75,700.00 - $124,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?The External Data & Supplier Relations & Controls team is responsible for the successful ownership and management of the lifecycle and processes used to bring new external data, products and services solutions into the organization. The team provides solutions to meet business needs and enhance business process. The team owns the management of external supplier and partner relationships for LOB. The team sets procedure for supplier and data risk management in LOB and provides guidance and direction to business partners.
What Will You Do?
- Assist with supplier relationship management, supplier and product research, and tracking supplier performance.
- Assist with supplier risk management, and data risk management.
- Work with team members and business partners to review contract language and to assist with service level creation & monitoring.
- Assist Corporate Procurement with contract business price review and negotiation.
- Manage cybersecurity tracking and assist with issue mitigation with suppliers.
- Assist with area audit response.
- Work to drive optimal cost of ownership, participate in cross functional teams, assist Corporate Procurement with RFx (request for proposal, information, quote), assist with supplier selection recommendations, maintain sourcing documentation, and assist with managing contract renewals.
- Perform line of business supplier risk activities per enterprise and division guidelines.
- Participate in team and division projects and other activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience using Microsoft office: word, excel, outlook application.
- Project planning, negotiating, organizing, documenting and problem-solving skills. Ability to successfully perform in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence and present to various levels of the organization. Ability to build and administer presentations.
- Ability to take quick, decisive action in unique and complex situations to meet business objectives and requirements. Ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
- Knowledge of business law and financial issues helpful.
What is a Must Have?
- Two years of experience in supplier management, finance, audit, procurement or a related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.