Risk Control Sr. Account Consultant
Operations, Risk Management, Sales
Risk Control Sr. Account Consultant
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$102,100.00 - $168,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Designs and oversees delivery of Risk Control services to assigned accounts country-wide. Has the ability to market and sell Risk Control services in new business presentations and to existing clients. Manages account budgets while responding to customer needs. Understands exposures and controls by class of business and can effectivley communicate information to underwriting. This role reports to the Risk Control Director National Accounts.
What Will You Do?
- Consult with clients on strategies for identifying hazards, evaluating existing controls and coordinating the delivery of Risk Control services that will assist them in their efforts to reduce or prevent losses.
- Analyze losses to identify trends and ensure the comprehensive plan addresses the loss leaders while being delivered using the appropriate resources.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations to achieve appropriate balance between service and cost.
- Influence clients to ensure commitment to service plan and implementation of recommendations.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with underwriting, brokers, claim and the Risk Control service teams assigned to the account.
- Write technically detailed reports that communicate a clear assessment of risk and effectively articulate recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferred.
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
- Recognized relevant certifications (such as ASP, CSP, ARM) preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years' in safety, claim, risk management, military or related fields required.
- Valid driver's license required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading property casualty insurer selling primarily through independent agents and brokers. The company's diverse business lines offer its global customers a wide range of coverage in the auto, home and business settings. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has more than 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $25 billion in 2010.