Allstate Business Insurance - Product Development Manager (Remote)
- Allstate Insurance Company
- Work From Home
- Mar 09, 2023
- May 08, 2023
- Executive / Management, Product Manager, Sales
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The ABI Product Development Manager is responsible for providing direction in creating and maintaining commercial lines products by executing cross-functionally across the product development cycle, with focus on differentiated coverage offerings, easy quoting experiences, novel pricing strategies, and interpretable underwriting rules/models. This role at any time will be responsible collaborating on idea generation, test design, test execution, product implementation, and cross-functional collaboration for roll-out to the market. Additionally, this role contributes in developing integrated strategies and coach others to achieve growth and profit goals, drawing upon expertise in product, pricing, and risk management to achieve business goals.Key Responsibilities:
- Contributes to Allstate business strategy through operational leadership including guidance and leveraging of other staff to execute a holistic strategy for specific or multiple products in alignment with strategic objectives and within the context of ABIs product development cycle.
- Collaborates and leads development of short and long-term strategies to offer the product differentiators and experiences needed to achieve profitable market share growth.
- Anticipates operational issues and develops preventative measures needed to lead change effectively on new and existing products with all AORs, setting the appropriate strategic tone for product with other involved AORs and establishing a roadmap and future state vision.
- Leads complex/critical program execution to business opportunities as appropriate, particularly regarding new distribution partnerships/programs and other internal escalations.
- Conducts stakeholder and risk analysis with research, evaluation, to provide recommendations for ABIs products and processes and will leverage 3rd party data to accomplish business objectives, particularly as related to pricing and risk selection.
- Independently determines approach to managing team with broad skill sets including technical knowledge of commercial lines products, risk selection strategies, project management, implementation, and customer experience. Fosters team environment and builds cross-functional partnerships.
- Exercises latitude in managing agile transformation, including coaching of Product Owners.
- Provides direction in managing KPIs to measure the success and to drive transparency into business outcomes and progress related to the overall product strategy.
This job does have supervisory duties.Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of related Experience
- None required
- Advanced product, pricing, underwriting, and insurance regulation knowledge, with advanced knowledge of product offerings, pricing, and risk selection methodologies.
- Strong ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making.
- Advanced at building the relationships necessary to influence future delivery and roadmaps.
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to stakeholders to leverage specialized capabilities that exist outside of reporting line.
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making.
- Advanced people and thought leadership; ability to develop, mentor, and coach others.
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset within an insurance carrier by demonstrating awareness and knowledge of the whole and of how the functional parts within are interdependent.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions.
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience, and ability to learn from experiences and setbacks.
- Ability to influence a culture of experience ownership by deeply understanding the needs, expectations, and feedback of our customers and agents.
Compensation offered for this role isand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.