Real Estate/Mortgage Loan Accounting- Summer Intern
- American National Insurance Company
- League City, Texas
- Not Specified
- Feb 27, 2023
- Apr 28, 2023
- Accounting, Entry Level, Sales
- Job Type
- Not Specified
- Career Level
- Not Specified
American National Insurance Company was founded in 1905. Headquartered in Galveston, Texas, with several locations in the United States, which include League City-Texas, Springfield-Missouri, and Albany-New York. Our Internship Program was designed to provide young professionals with corporate experience that is not offered in the classroom. In addition to supporting their respective departments, each intern will have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions, volunteer within the community and attend company sponsored social events. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations. We support a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited institution
- Must be pursuing degree in Accounting, or similar major.
- Ideal candidate would possess a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be able to commit 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
- Ability to commute to League City, TX office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail w/ high level accuracy.
- Review financial information on owned and joint venture real estate
- Track monthly/quarterly operating reports from third-party property management firms
- Administer budgets for real estate investments as guided by Accounting staff
- Construction Loan Accounting
- Interpret Loan Documents
- Escrow Accounting
- Operating Statement Review
- Assist in portfolio management reporting
Skills you can expect to improve and/or developed:
- Operations for accounting for real estate investments and servicing mortgage loans
- Data Analysis
- Time management
- Professional communication
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
Learn more about our company, by following us on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @CareerswithAN
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.