Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$109,000.00 - $179,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' Innovation User Experience (UX) Design team creates solutions to ensure best-in-class experiences for our customers, agents, employees, and partners. As a Senior UX Design Lead, Innovation, you will lead the discovery and creation of new and improved solutions that result in unified, inclusive, and valuable experiences. With support and strategic direction from User Experience Design (UX) leadership, you will collaborate with entrepreneurs, design strategists, product managers, engineers, business stakeholders, and others. You will help to set experience vision and strategy, turn insights into actionable improvements, and define, test, and implement service and product solutions in one or more channels. You will help to grow and advance the XD discipline by advocating for human-centered design practices and building strong partnerships across teams and workstreams.
What Will You Do?
Provide domain-specific expertise and experience design leadership for new venture design initiatives and activities, while supporting product and journey vision and strategy, identifying and mitigating risks, and informing decision-making for the organization.
Lead the design of solutions for products and services by defining, creating, and improving concepts, experiences, and design elements. Own the entire lifecycle of UX/UI design and development including: scoping, ideation, prioritization, development, testing and quality assurance.
Apply design methods to deliver assets including user goals, journey maps, information architecture, use cases, personas, interactions, content, visuals, wireframes, early phase prototypes, minimal viable brands, websites, and high-fidelity initial offerings, etc.
Lead and design front end UI for responsive web applications and mobile native interfaces.
Lead the creation of design objectives, principles, and standards for emergent brands and offerings.
Communicate design direction and rationale, solicit feedback, and lead prioritization and application.
Identify opportunities to inform and improve design through research and testing; analyze and evaluate the usability of solutions, and concepts. Translate design and customer insights into actionable product improvements.
Guide collaborative activities with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners), integrating and advancing a human-centered focus that informs work through research-based insights and design exploration.
Identify and influence the adoption of new and improved tools, methods, and processes.
Guide and mentor other XD staff to support their advancement, lead and take part in team and practice development, grow leadership capacity, and help to attract high quality talent to the XD practice.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
Experience in a related field, such as User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, etc.
Experience working in early phase product development i.e start up
Presentation, communation ication, collaboration and facilitation
Nice to have: Experience implementing designs and collaborating with agile development teams
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Six years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.