Senior Federal Tax Accountant (Hybrid, Salary + Bonus)
Liberty Mutual's highly integrated tax organization provides a collegial framework to achieve results. Typically, professionals contribute across all the key components of tax including planning & research, audits, compliance & financial reporting. You will become a consummate tax professional vs. a specialist or tax technician.
The structure of the tax organization encourages and drives collaboration and teamwork. Therefore, you need to be an excellent communicator and execution oriented to succeed. A successful candidate will need to take ownership of key projects and deliverables, as well as manage ambiguity. The ability to be flexible and comfortable with change will also be critical to your success.
This position offers a flexible work model of two days in the office (either Seattle or Boston office) and three days working from home.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all federal tax compliance assignments and/or review of simple federal tax compliance projects.
- Prepare moderate to complex tax-related financial statement accounting entries and disclosures.
- Detail review simple tax-related financial statement calculations, entries and disclosures.
- Independently conduct assigned tax-related and income tax accounting research. Draft memoranda with supporting conclusions supported by relevant research findings.
- Assist with implementation of timely, cost-effective tax planning strategies designed to create value and enhance the Company's worldwide tax position.
- Assist with tax controversies, by independently preparing responses to information requests and analyzing for future controversy issues based on responses provided.
- Manage projects of moderate complexity by identifying key deliverables, project tasks, managing to due dates, and identifying issues.
- Actively participate in Department and Company initiatives.
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements.
- Keep abreast of current tax laws, regulations and practices. Identifies changes that impact the business and communicates them to management.
- Ability to utilize tax provision software (e.g. OneSource).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Equivalent.
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (MST, MSA, MBA, CPA or JD).
- Insurance industry experience preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of at least 2 years of US Federal tax experience (financial reporting, compliance, audit, planning) or equivalent, preferably with a major public accounting firm or large multi-national company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to lead projects effectively.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask and complete deliverables within time constraints and deadlines.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.