Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$65,800.00 - $108,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we're focused on expanding the application of data and analytics beyond managing risk, helping businesses increase their productivity and efficiency and enabling great experiences for our customers and agents. The Business Insights Delivery team aims to enable the business by building solutions that turn data in to insights with well-designed data assets and effective, compelling dashboards and visualizations. As the Consultant, Business Insights Delivery, you will develop your communication and technical skills for building delivery solutions to become an effective solution builder for our business partners.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Provide daily production processing and support activities for financial systems using Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Applied OLAP Dodeca, Oracle Cloud EPM Suite, along with other tools and resources.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and assist in resolving of end user difficulties and/or system related errors.
- Build and maintain financial reports based off direction and business requirements of accounting staff.
- Assist with and coordinate technology projects as they intersect with support of the financial systems noted.
- Provide data analysis, programming, and coding support for some components of insights delivery.
- Contribute to data wrangling, user experience, interface design, and asset lifecycle management across a range of capabilities including reporting, guided analytics, self-service, embedded, augmented, and data as a service. May contribute to semantic layer and material view design and builds.
- Develop solutions that adhere to development standards and guidelines.
- Partner with leadership to ensure understanding of business problem, context, and audience to inform execution of the work.
- Contribute to the recommendation of solution design options within a portfolio.
- Understand current delivery portfolio and how it addresses business problems.
- Align solution design to enterprise data management, security, and governance controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with business partners.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to foresee challenges and proactively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
- Basic data acumen with the ability to profile and analyze data.
- Understanding of Cloud, SQL, Data Visualization, and Business Intelligence Platforms (Qlik, MSTR, Tableau), ESRI.
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion products either on-premise or cloud products (e.g. HFM, Essbase, FCCS, ARCS, Planning, etc.)
- Experience with web development tools, SharePoint, Java, Power Automate.
- Experience with scripting languages; Pearl, Jython, Python, VBA, VB, Windows scripting host/batch files.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or one year equivalent experience with business intelligence tools, techniques, manipulation, or related.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.