Surety Account Manager
Propel Insurance, an Alera Group Company is looking for a Surety Account Manager to join their team! .
At Propel, we make it our business to know our clients worlds inside and out. With decades of industry-specific experience, we bring our clients a real-world understanding of the challenges they face. We're recognized as a leader in providing innovative insurance solutions, and are proud of the long-standing partnerships we've developed with many of the nation's leading carriers.
Our employees are devoted to serving our customers and knowing insurance. As it turns out, insurance isn't the only thing they are passionate about.
The Account Manager works in conjunction with the Bond Manager, Senior Account Managers and Producers for the purpose of writing new surety business, servicing existing accounts and providing technical assistance. The main role is to ensure customer satisfaction by processing bond requests in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Process Surety requests:
- Prepare surety submissions to carriers on behalf of client or prospect.
- Review and analyze client or prospect bond documentation that comply with company standards such as: request forms, bid specs, contracts, cost estimates, etc.
- Review and analyze client or prospect underwriting documentation that comply with company standards such as: Applications, Financials, Work in Progress Reports, etc.
- Process contract bond requests including but not limited to; bid bonds, final bonds, riders/consents, endorsements, cancellations, final billings, etc.
- Process commercial bond requests including but not limited to; renewals/non renewals, license and permit bonds, miscellaneous bonds, subdivision bonds, riders, endorsements, cancellations, etc.
- Follow-up in a timely and professional manner with all clients, carriers, producers, and peers.
- Maintain and prioritize workload.
- Establish and maintain current knowledge of underwriting requirements and authority outlined by each carrier.
- Establish and maintain reputable relationships with carriers, clients, producers, and peers.
- Maintain and update database in Erlon, Sagitta and ImageRight ensuring proper and accurate documentation.
- Participate in and complete assigned training goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Manager
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Agency Management System Experience. AMS Sagitta preferred.
- Bond Program Experience. Erlon preferred.
- Strong technical coverage knowledge of Surety
- Strong work ethic – timely follow-up, team oriented, proactive, detail oriented, and dependable.
- Ability to work independently
Experience and Education
- Resident State Agents License or ability to obtain one within 2 months.
- Surety/Insurance experience required.
- College degree preferred.
- Occasional travel to remote office locations, seminars, training, and conferences.
- Valid driver's license.