Facilities/Record Management Assistant- Summer Intern
American National Insurance Company was founded in 1905. Headquartered in Galveston, Texas, with several locations in the United States, which include League City-Texas, Springfield-Missouri, and Albany-New York. Our Internship Program was designed to provide young professionals with corporate experience that is not offered in the classroom. In addition to supporting their respective departments, each intern will have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions, volunteer within the community and attend company sponsored social events. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations. We support a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited institution
• Must be pursuing degree in Engineering Architecture, or similar major.
• Physically capable of walking and standing throughout the day
• Ideal candidate would possess a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Must be able to commit 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
• Ability to work from the Glenmont, NY office
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Strong organization skills & attention to detail w/ high level accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist facilities in the organization and documentation of related materials and equipment
• Assist long term storage facility employees with the organization, documentation and disposition of files related to our company record retention policy.
• Assist facilities building engineers as needed.
Skills you can expect to improve and/or developed:
• Time management
• Professional communication