Tax Accountant (Hybrid, Salary + Bonus)
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual's highly integrated tax organization (consisting of tax professionals in Boston, Seattle and Fairfield, OH) provides a collegial framework to achieve results. Typically, professionals contribute across all the key components of tax including planning & research, audits, compliance & financial reporting. You will become a consummate tax professional vs. a specialist or tax technician.
The structure of the tax organization encourages and drives collaboration and teamwork. Therefore, you need to be an excellent communicator and execution oriented to succeed. A successful candidate will need to take ownership of key projects and deliverables, as well as manage ambiguity. The ability to be flexible and comfortable with change will also be critical to your success.
This position offers a flexible work model of two days in the office (either Seattle or Boston office) and three days working from home.
- Timely and accurate preparation of tax compliance assignments for simple to moderately complex returns/projects; responsible for complete work-paper documentation and referencing.
- Conduct tax research and provide summary with supporting documentation for tax positions taken on returns and for proposed transactions.
- Assist with simple tax controversies and notices, by responding to information requests, preparing workpapers and gathering other supporting documentation to support Taxpayers tax position.
- Prepare simple to moderate tax-related financial statement calculations, entries and disclosures.
- Actively support implementation of tax planning projects.
- Assist with implementation of timely, cost-effective tax planning strategies designed to create value and enhance the Company's worldwide tax position.
- Proactively volunteers and participates in Department or Company initiatives or ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Equivalent.
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (MST, MSA, MBA, CPA or JD).
- Insurance industry experience preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of at least 1 year of tax experience (financial reporting, compliance, audit, planning) or equivalent, preferably with a major public accounting firm or large multi-national company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multi-task and complete deliverables within time constraints and deadlines.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.