Actuarial Analyst - Allstate Benefits
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Actuarial Analyst - Allstate Benefitsis an entry-level role responsible for executing projects in support of pricing/reserving insurance business utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, as well as methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training. This role works closely with management and key business partners to execute appropriate pricing, modeling and product strategies of low complexity to support business goals.Key Responsibilities:
- Uses best practices, with significant coaching, to review and analyze business data using traditional actuarial, statistical and/or predictive modeling techniques to provide insights and meet business needs
- With significant coaching, reviews and ensures quality of data used to perform actuarial and statistical services within multiple tools/applications
- Communicates analysis results to management and non-technical users, making recommendations and providing support for assumptions and methodologies
- Develops understanding of insurance business, products, and regulatory environments
- Bachelor's degree required - preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
- Actuarial internship
- 0-2 years of experience
- Must be pursuing actuarial designation
- Basic knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
- Ability to complete multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Work effectively in a team environment
Compensation offered for this role is$70,000.00-$90,250.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.