Business Development Manager - Remote (Home Based)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The A&H Sale Tech Sr Cons II is responsible for nurturing existing national distribution channels while promoting Allstate Benefits Group Health to new and existing association, affinity and TPA business segments. This position will work closely with field distribution, home office, marketing, licensing, and product teams to drive multi-million-dollar revenue centers.Key Responsibilities:
- Manages and grows existing national accounts and affinity/association relationships in the small/middle markets for level funded health plans
- Leads local sales offices, internal support teams, and related business unites across all facets of the Allstate Benefits Group Health business in relation to assigned portfolio
- Supports all national Accounts, Affinity/Association and TPA agency licensing functions
- Leads prospecting of new affinity partnerships in conjunction with local filed sales offices with the intention of growing the Affinity/Association segment to a robust distribution channel
- Analyzes, engages and executes on new relationships that provide national production potential
- Develops a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, from both a program manager and agency perspective, and leverage it to build a solution strategy for our partners
- Establishes self in market as product & positioning expert (level funded/competitor landscape) by identifying industry trends and changing market regulations to best understand client impacts
- Support presentations to executive leadership teams and large groups of agents/buyers as well as leading these functions for certain partners
- Understands, analyzes and accurately interprets key financial performance indicators
- Integrates information from ongoing business analysis and assessment into business plan, and executes the business plan to achieve desired results
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- A&H Sales Health and Life license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of level funding, self-funding, underwriting, and actuarial science
- Negotiation, presentation and sales skills
- Verbal and written communication skills to manage, negotiate and build relationships internally and externally with clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
Compensation offered for this role is$60,000-$70,000 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.