Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$71,500.00 - $118,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?The mission of Travelers Risk Management Information Services (RMIS) is to continually deliver relevant customer-focused tools and dedicated consultative services to enable customers and brokers to effectively and proactively manage losses. The Information Account Consultant, RMIS (IAC) is responsible for the marketing, implementation, and dedicated data and analytics support of our mid to large-sized account customers, brokers, and agents. As a member of the service team, the IAC will work alongside our underwriting and claim partners to deliver industry-leading risk management information products and resources in support of our customers' overall risk management programs. As an IAC, you will work with increasing independence to support mid to large-sized account customers and agents on accounts of generally moderate complexity. You will also act as a data and analytics lead and resource to less experienced Information Account Executives, underwriters, Claim Account Executives, and other internal service partners.
What Will You Do?
- In partnership with Account Executives within Middle Market and National Accounts, develop and execute a successful marketing strategy to attract and retain new accounts. This may include delivering presentations to potential customers, agents, and brokers that highlight RMIS products and services. At this level, you are expected to demonstrate a growing aptitude for tailoring such sales pitches to the unique needs of prospective customers.
- Work with customers, agents, and brokers to successfully implement new accounts. Account implementation entails identifying the data needs and organizational structure of a given business and tailoring our risk management products and services to best meet those needs. Successful implementation requires ongoing maintenance as customers' businesses and data requirements evolve. As an IAC, you are expected to take more initiative in proactively suggesting alterations to RMIS products to better suit the needs of customers.
- Provide continual customer service to internal and external stakeholders. This includes conducting additional product trainings, customizing and re-customizing RMIS products, troubleshooting product issues, as well as assisting with various programming and reporting requests, among other tasks.
- Analyze loss experiences, identify data trends and outliers in claims data, create competitive benchmarking analyses, and effectively communicate results to relevant internal and external customers.
- Monitor and analyze the flow of information through RMIS applications and the efficiency of our internal business processes and recommend enhancements to improve customer experiences.
- Contribute to RMIS-wide application and/or business process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, computer science, or risk management preferred.
- Three years of claim, workers' compensation, risk management information, or data and analytics experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the Property Casualty insurance business, products, and services.
- Advanced written, oral and presentation skills; ability to communicate persuasively and interact effectively with all levels of company management and clients.
- Advanced knowledge of Claim and Risk Management applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Analytics tools and software: Power BI, Tableau.
- Advanced knowledge of the Risk Management Information Systems products and programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal (business unit staff, information systems staff) and external contacts (brokers, agents).
- Ability to coach and train others.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of claim, workers' compensation, risk management information, or data and analytics experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.