Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$124,300.00 - $205,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?In coordination with the Regional Executive/President and field leadership team, responsible for the implementation of agency development strategies in the assigned Profit Center(s) with the primary objective being to increase the production of profitable business, expand the number of product lines placed by key agents and identify/develop new production sources. The Regional Executive/President will supervise the day-to-day activities of the Regional Director, ensuring alignment with regional and national strategy.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Coordinate and communicate with regional BU leadership to understand the key drivers and strategies that are critical to the BU's and region's success.
- Collaborate with BUs to identify opportunities utilizing segmentation, cross sell and other distribution management tools.
- Be recognized as a resource to establish and implement distribution strategies with agents within the region.
- Engage outside groups (i.e. regional sales council) to develop targeted distribution opportunities.
- Leverage Enterprise strength and communication to new distributor appointments and identified opportunities.
- Be recognized as a lead resource to the BUs with respect to more local and regional marketplace dynamics and knowledge of the relationships with distribution.
- Viewed as a proficient consultant helping BUs understand distribution and align resources to optimize region results.
- Exhibit knowledge of the market drivers that impact each category of distributor and connect these relationships internally with appropriate BUs.
- Lead efforts to gather and maintain competitor intelligence on key national and regional competitors.
Profit Center Management:
- Lead Profit Center(s) meetings.
- Engage the Profit Center Team(s) in ownership of PC results and drive BU engagement and participation.
- Work with RP/RE & PC Team(s) to develop strategic distribution initiatives and leverage outside groups (i.e. regional sales council).
- Take active role in Field Management operating reviews and business planning sessions.
Relationship Manager Development:
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor the Relationship Managers (RM) and Agency Liaisons within assigned Profit Center(s).
- Achieve tactical objectives of distribution planning through execution of Best Practices.
- Deliver effective distribution planning through integrated teamwork across RMs and Profit Center Team(s.
- Develop means to improve each assigned RM's effectiveness.
- Coordinate with Regional Marketing Specialist (RMS) to provide support on distributor planning activities.
- Regional Teamwork.
- Exhibit teamwork and collaboration across RD Community and Profit Center Team(s).
- Engage with BU leaders in strategic, tactical and planning sessions.
- Be viewed as an informed and value-added thought leader.
- Mentor, coach and develop RMS resource.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2+ years of marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- General knowledge and understanding of underwriting practices required.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions and levels.
- Builds and maintains credibility with others.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and presentation skills.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in sales, underwriting or related field.
- 5 years experience in sales, underwriting or related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.