Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$92,200.00 - $152,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Participate in high profile process assessment, improvement and design services to improve overall business performance, customer experience and employee experience by identifying impediments to effective and efficient operational performance. Introduce changes in operational processes and organizational behaviors that have a positive impact on bottom line results. Identify opportunities to improve productivity, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and timeliness, change behaviors, redesign roles and improve operational controls. Provide technical consulting, generate new ideas, influence business leaders on the benefits, and assist in their implementation to achieve recommended results. Manage, organize and coordinate project assignments. Oversee the work of others to ensure assignments are completed on time. Provide direction and consultation as needed. Projects may be smaller and less complex. Consult with business leaders on division wide issues.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Provide process assessment and improvement services to improve overall business performance by identifying impediments to effective and efficient operation performance to improve overall business performance through redesigned workflows, proper staffing levels, redefined roles and responsibilities, productive behaviors, and effective use of technology that have a positive impact on bottom line results and the customer's experience.
- Assists with developing the overall project framework, approach, timeline, and resource allocation.
- Assists with assessing and identifying opportunities for the moderately challenging and ambiguous aspects of the process.
- Assists with conducting discovery work sessions with process participant groups or individuals and their management to investigate, document and develop a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the moderately complex/more defined aspects of the current process and the underlying embedded behaviors that are influencing outcomes. May also lead discovery sessions with individuals.
- Leads agile project team and is accountable for project deliverables. Manages and concurrently functions as an individual contributor on more complex process assessment and improvement projects. Assigns work and manages the work of others.
- Synthesizes, associates and assesses considerable amounts of disparate information to identify process issues, their root causes, how different actions generate different results (cause and effect), and the collective impact on process efficiency, effectiveness and the customer's experience.
- Applies solid knowledge of Lean Six Sigma process design techniques and methodologies to assess the risks and benefits of process opportunities.
- Assists with identifying process recommendations focused on developing a process model that optimizes process efficiency, effectiveness and the customer's experience for moderately complex process issues, along with their anticipated impact on the process.
- Collaborates with others to create a formal report/presentation (process insights, facts, details, examples, recommendations and impacts) describing the process and opportunities in a clear/easy to understand format, so leadership can make more informed decisions about how to optimize processes.
- Presents the moderately complex process findings, recommendations and implementation considerations during formal discussions with senior business leaders to influence how they view their processes.
- Meets with department leads and business partners to provide periodic status updates of current project efforts.
- Collaborates with others as a team member on area/department initiatives beyond core project assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2 years of relevant business experience in a financial services/insurance company.
- Four year college degree.
- Solid critical thinking skills.
- Solid organization, analytic, and math skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft desktop tools and other technologies (PowerPoint, Excel, video conferencing, Skype, Visio, etc.).
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Demonstrated skills and experience:
- Collecting process information from individuals via interviews and observation.
- Documenting processes via a variety of formats (narrative, process maps, illustrations, etc.).
- Synthesizing, assessing and analyzing information to surface process improvement opportunities.
- Thinking critically to connect disparate information.
- Thinking creatively to identify tactical process solutions/improvements and/or design.
- Identifying both qualitative and quantitative impacts of process recommendations.
- Making effective and persuasive oral and written presentations to influence others.
- Works independently with moderate supervision.
- Works collaboratively with others in a project team environment.
- Builds and maintains ongoing business relationships with project participants and leaders.
- Manages own work.
- Demonstrates decisiveness, initiative, innovation in achieving results and the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Responds quickly and effectively to customer's needs and takes appropriate actions to meet those needs.
- Black belt certification or working towards completion
What is a Must Have?
- 2 years of experience applying Lean Six Sigma or process management principles and methods, including root cause analysis.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.