Vice President, Midwest Regional Officer
The Vice President, Midwest Regional Officer is responsible for directing, managing, and leading the strategic plan for PMA Companies' Midwest Region. This will include growing the PMA brand in this established market, forming solid relationships with key distribution partners in the region, and creating a portfolio of profitable large account and loss sensitive, middle market, captive, and TPA business in alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
- Leading the development of a distribution plan for the region leveraging his/her own broker and agent relationships, PMA relationships that have operations in the Midwest, and the development of greenfield distribution partnerships.
- Ensuring the profitability, growth objectives, and operational efficiencies of PMA Companies' Midwest Region.
- Leading and directing staff with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction, not to mention passion, teamwork, a sense of urgency, and effective communications.
- Providing oversight for the account management process and ensure the highest levels of customer service.
- Maintaining customer service and the company's commitment to risk control.
- Ensuring the effective use of resources in alignment with company strategies.
- Administering and controlling the expense budget to contribute to a cost-effective operation.
- Ensuring compliance to jurisdictional and statutory regulations.
- Participating in industry-related events, such as insurance associations, department meetings and rating boards.
- Demonstrating commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- BS degree in Risk Management or comparable business related major and at least 10 years work experience in a senior level position. Masters Degree is preferred.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management designation or other professional designations are preferred.
- Must have strong, existing distribution relationships in the Region at the national broker, regional broker, and/or local agent levels
- Significant loss-sensitive workers compensation and/or commercial insurance leadership experience in the Midwest.
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of regional market conditions and broker networks in the Midwest.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the successful marketing and prospecting of business opportunities, as well as, relationship building and agency management skills.
- Strong influencing skills and be adept at leading and managing in a highly matrixed environment.
- Extensive account management experience is required, and ideally previous underwriting experience.
- Adept at managing significant client relationships.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Able to analyze and propose solutions to business challenges and problems.
- Knowledge of casualty coverage and loss sensitive deal structures preferred.
- Additional knowledge in financial analysis, account management and collateral management is preferred,
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to business challenges and problems.
- Professional written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Willingness to travel for business purposes and remain visible with brokers at industry functions in order to develop and maintain solid relationships and generate an adequate flow of qualified business.