Account Manager - AXIS Group Benefits
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall customer relationship management for key policyholders of AXIS Group Benefits (AGB). This individual will be responsible for establishing relationships with the producers and their staffs and the senior account contacts for the policyholders. He/she will act as an intermediary between the various stakeholders including the producer, the customer and the AGB functional teams, focusing on problem solving, issue resolution and communication across the eco-system. The account manager will be a subject matter expert on the product and services offered by the company and will leverage their internal and external partnerships to develop customer service strategies that will result in long term profitable growth and customer persistency.
The Account Manager will be a trusted advisor to the broker/policyholder, addressing their needs while maintaining the perspective of the client and AXIS Group Benefits.
What you will do:
• Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with brokers and plan sponsors for their group insurance products, self-funded solutions, and related services by providing end to end business solutions, education, and service
• Collaborates with AGB personnel, including sales, underwriting, customer support, finance, claims management and other resources, to meet client's expectations. Proactively provide value-added solutions while meeting growth and persistency objectives and managing client's expectations
• Meets assigned targets for membership growth and premium persistency. Establish and take ownership of a business plan to focus on block management, growth, and development.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates client needs on an ongoing basis. Uses client needs to identify potential innovative solutions to address unique needs.
• Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with internal service departments to oversee resolution of issues, identification of root cause and participation in creation of solutions
• Participates in Finalist presentations, representing the AXIS Group Benefits account management and service value story in a consistent and confident manner
• Partners and collaborates with Regional Sales Directors to ensure a mutual understanding of territory goals and objectives. Consistently communicates with RSD partner on execution plan to meet the territory goals and objectives.
• Partner with Sales Assistants team to ensure a seamless implementation in which all questions and concerns can be addressed proactively on the front end
• Lead installation calls/visits at the completion of implementation so that plan sponsors know how to administer their benefits; Drives a great first impression of AXIS Group Benefits
• Partners with the Regional Sales Directors and Sales Assistants team to strategize on enrollment and re-enrollment needs and opportunities for client. Builds communication plans to incorporate the broker in the enrollment process.
• Conducts consistent, proactive education/outreach communication with brokers/client in the form of: in person meetings, scheduled callouts, email, conference calls, webinars, etc. Creates value in content and delivery to the external market.
• Conducts regular case reviews with internal departments as well as with the client, reviewing claims experience and administrative processes
• Partners with the Underwriting to establish a renewal action regarding communication to the broker and client. Collaborating with Underwriter and Regional Sales Director to review the renewal process for assigned block of business: reviews all experience information and other relevant client information (rate actions and service history) to deliver comprehensive renewal recommendations.
• Uses various administration tools like Outlook, 3EG, and Salesforce to manage business, and ensure all relevant client and broker activities are documented. Creates and maintains data within these tools to effectively manage new business as well as established clients.
• Travel Required: Up to 35%
What you will need to succeed:
Experience partnering with colleagues from Distribution, Underwriting, Finance, Customer Service & Claims to evaluate and assess risks and design innovative solutions. Capable of using data and analytics as well as insights drawn from their external network to solve customer service challenges in employee benefits,
Industry experience that illustrates the candidates' understanding of what drives our clients, identifying their risks and using a variety of data, tools, and techniques to develop creative solutions. They will be intellectually curious about the macro/microenvironment and translating their insights into actionable ideas that take into account ethical and regulatory implications.
Strategic business development
Demonstrates ability to develop enduring relationships, gaining the trust and credibility of others. Able to share examples of prioritizing opportunities that made the best use of capital and were in line with your employer's strategy. whilst striving for efficiency in transactional execution.
Candidates will harness their emotional intelligence to influence others, build consensus and, where appropriate, close deals. They will listen actively and assess the facts to uncover perils, identify business impacts, and reconcile the needs of our clients with our risk exposure.
Applies commercial and regulatory expertise
Capable of building and applying commercial and regulatory expertise to retain and grow business in line with our portfolio strategy and agreed risk appetite. Able to leverage data, analytics, technology, and a view of the entire insurance value chain to make business recommendations and decisions that minimize costs, improve profitability, and adhere to internal / external control frameworks and regulatory requirements.
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
• 4+ years industry experience; Employee Benefit industry and/or knowledge of Group Benefit design
• Advanced MS Office Skills, required. Experience with data analytic applications like Business Objects, a plus.
- College degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Current A&H insurance license a plus
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of $80,000 - $100,000 (AZ). The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location.
In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.