Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$73,400.00 - $121,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, the Associate Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing a small or less complex sales territory. Achieving success will include: developing plans to optimize the growth potential of assignments, exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives, utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework, developing competitor intelligence, and supporting team members in the region, home office, and business center on product, pricing, and agency management decisions. This position does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for management and profitable development of all small book of agency assignment.
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with agents.
- Diagnoses agencies interests and ability to grow and motivates agents to succeed.
- Implements strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom up Strategic Agency Management (SAM) Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company objectives.
- Influencing the Sale:
- Assists with the development and executes sales and marketing initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives for assigned territory,
- Recommends a sales process that matches Travelers features, benefits, and solutions to agency needs.
- Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers to customers Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Agency Diagnostics:
- Assists and develop selected agents for reassignment to Sales Executive.
- Establishes rapport and provide a superior sales experience with prospective customers.
- Develops product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel and sell available Personal Insurance products.
- Stays current on all Travelers systems and product/pricing changes.
- Strong Customer Service Skills to include problem resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2 years experience in Sales preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight.
- Intermediate ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Basic ability to advise Agents.
- Basic ability to deliver sales results.
- Intermediate Relationship Management skills.
- Intermediate Communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to adapt to Change.
- Intermediate ability to Demonstrate resilience.
- Demonstrates intermediate problem solving skills and ability to exercise decisive Judgment.
- Advanced technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Intermediate skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately.
- Definition of Basic Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in common/familiar situations that present limited difficulties.
- Definition of Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
What is a Must Have?
- 1 year experience in sales or sales support required.
- Insurance knowledge required.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing others required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.