Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$85,400.00 - $140,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, responsible for managing and developing a mid and/or moderately complex group of agency assignments. Position accountable for: Optimizing growth potential of a core group of Travelers independent agents while prospecting and appointing new agencies. Exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework. Developing competitor intelligence. Collaborating with team members in the region, home office, and business center on product, pricing, and agency management decisions. This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence. This position does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Agent Support:
- Responsible for substantial and/or complex Agency assignments. Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation for owned agents. Leads presentations and appointments for owned agents.
- Applies process of appointing new agents that meet production expectations of new business at Travelers. Prospects for new business.
- Identifies opportunities to cross sell Travelers products and shares information with other Sales Execs and/or agents.
- May facilitate workshops.
- Influencing the Sales:
- Responsible for profitable development of all agencies within assigned territory or agency assignment. Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers products to customers.
- Executes the sales strategy of growing Travelers market share in the territory by appointing and coaching new agents.
- Articulates a sales process that is mutually beneficial, and identifies solutions to agency needs.
- Provides consistent follow up and follow through with agents, peers and other team members.
- Agency Diagnostics:
- Completes strategic marketing plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed.
- Builds and uses best practices regarding Agency Operations, works consultatively to follow up with plans, holding process owners accountable for agreed upon actions.
- Effectively understands and considers operational differences between small and large agencies.
- Diagnoses agencies' interests and ability to grow business and motivates agents to succeed.
- Initiates systematic marketing processes within each agency to attract and retain new business. Recommends business solutions (3R's) and programs to meet objectives.
- Directs customer service issues to appropriate resources, elevates all unresolved matter to ensure resolution. Validates data used to make strategic market changes.
- Has thorough knowledge of Travelers' computer systems and PIs platform; Assists agents with system/platform issues, and provides training as needed. Coordinates with trainers as needed; Ensures that agency staff are fully trained (products, services, automation and HQ in total).
- Identifies book transfer opportunities, negotiates transfer commitment, ensures successful outcome.
- Maintains flexibility in working with all social styles.
- Develops strategic agency plans that require disciplined accountability and follow up to meet business objectives.
- Understands Travelers Enterprise focus and appetites and seizes opportunities to cross-sell Travelers products by initiating cross-functional meetings.
- Stays current on product and pricing changes.
- Articulates company position and seeks out business with appropriate agencies to meet company objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Five year of sales experience or insurance industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: (Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight).
- Advanced ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Intermediate ability to Advise Agents.
- Intermediate ability to deliver results: ability to focus on the bottom line and push self and others to meet set goals.
- Advanced Relationship Management skills: superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Advanced Communication skills: strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver professional presentations.
- Advanced ability to demonstrate resilience: Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills and ability to exercise decisive Judgment.
- Demonstrates Integrity.
- Intermediate technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to explain to others.
- Advanced skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds confidently to objections, and does not give up easily. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately.
- Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
- May guide other professionals.
- Advanced Skills/Competencies Defined: Demonstrated advanced knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in new or complex situations.
- Not Required.
What is a Must Have?
- A minimum of three years of professional and influential work experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.