Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
ICW Group Insurance Company is hiring an Assistant Branch Manager for our Sacramento Branch. This person will work with our Branch Manager to maintain profitability. Responsible to manage a team of Branch Development Underwriters, conduct branch audits, grow agency relationships, etc.
This is a hybrid position which will work three days in the office and two days remote from home.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Drives sales and branch operational goals in partnership with the Branch Manager.
- Develops programs to promote new products, reposition existing products and integrate diverse corporate philosophies to support overall marketing and Underwriting efforts of the branch.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the geographic territory assigned with regard to production sources, competitor activity, and economic and demographic idiosyncrasies.
- Manages marketing research to help identify opportunities for management, product enhancements, new distribution channels and new geographic markets with growth potential.
Leverages current and emerging industry information to enhance team member production and branch operations.
- Monitors WCIRB/NCCI rulings, forms and coverage changes or updates.
- Strategically educates self and team on industry related changes such as competitor activities, rating plans, credit and pricing trends.
- Develops business acumen in the areas of internal organization goals and strategies, leadership skills, sales techniques, negotiation abilities and other related topics to share with assigned team members or branch team members as needed.
- Directs activities pertaining to industry affairs and trade show events including exhibiting, special events and lead generation follow up.
Underwrites assigned branch team members' Worker's Compensation accounts, drives assigned team member profitability and manages own profitable book of business.
- Utilize high level underwriting authority to effectively price Company's products.
- Sells, services and maintains a producer force that can sell and control a profitable and growing book of business; Monitors production and quality of assigned producers
- Drives profitable sale of the Company's products including increasing sales of existing products, and the introduction and selling of new products as they are developed.
- Develops own and assigns out producer groups to improve the quality and quantity of the business we obtain from assigned producers.
- Prospects and develops new business.
Develops and leads a team of Worker's Compensation Underwriters and Branch Underwriters.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction to assigned team members.
- Establishes and maintains the work cadence and, in partnership with the Branch Manager and other WCU leaders, ensures performance and sales goals of self and team are accomplished.
- Acts as a resource for branch team members to answer questions and solve complex problems in partnership with the Branch Manager.
Directly supervises team(s) of Business Development Underwriters and/or Branch Underwriters.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience in similar positions.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in insurance underwriting.
- Extensive experience providing superior customer service, presenting product related information and demonstrated ability to influence customers.
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 1-2 years of business operations management experience in the property casualty insurance industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years insurance underwriting experience required
- Workers' Compensation experience preferred
- Ability to work with financial risk related concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to combine disparate skills and thinking to craft solutions and solve complex procedural and operational problems.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively.
The salary range listed for this position is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire at the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans and company match
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Paid Time Off with an accrual rate of 5.23 hours per pay period (equal to 17 days per year)
- 10 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.