Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$124,300.00 - $205,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Responsible for the deployment, management, mentoring and development of an industry leading sales force. With other Select leaders, creates, and drives a sales strategy that consistently provides a competitive edge in the marketplace. Builds sales capability through effective tactical leadership of Select Sales resources and executing world class disciplines and skills.
What Will You Do?
- Influence and drive National Distribution sales strategies and develop annual business development strategies for assigned territory.
- Work with National Distribution agents and partners to develop annual and three-year sales plans with defined goals and objectives that support segment-specific strategies.
- Manage key producer relationships within National Distribution, ensuring distribution channel alignment with business needs and effective development and administration of compensation programs.
- Proactively manage and tailor measures of point-of-sale success, sales plan effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Direct and coordinate implementation of regional and national advertising and branding strategies.
- Manage key strategic distribution relationships with national brokers, regional brokers, and other significant cross-enterprise distribution resources.
- Use business development and management processes that deliver critical strategic initiatives, high quality plans and prospects to the business and are focused on profit and growth.
- Align with product, underwriting and integration management, as well as other business units, to successfully execute underwriting, technology and experience efforts and ensure delivery of broader vision and strategies.
- Share field trends and competitive practices with peers, product manager and leaders to promote organization learning and opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of internal products, competitor products and capabilities and general market trends.
- Cultivate new partnerships and opportunities that align with growth strategies including book consolidations, programs, and integrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree.
- 10+ years insurance, marketing or sales experience.
- 3 years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- C.I.C. preferred.
- Excellent technical sales and marketing skills with the ability to coach others on these skills.
- Superior knowledge of selling through intermediaries and distributors.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of P&C industry.
What is a Must Have?
- 5 years of professional sales experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.