REMOTE OPTION: Claims Adjuster (Apartment Damages)
American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
How you will make an impact
No experience in insurance required! We will train you. As a Claims Adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation, negotiation, and settlement of apartment related property claims that are of moderate level complexity. You will learn key foundational skills to progress within the adjusting career path. To thrive in this role, you should enjoy phone communication, investigation, making decisions, asking questions, and offering support to others in a time of need.
- Conduct claims investigation process, assess the facts surrounding the loss, arrange inspection experts, and third parties
- Review and negotiate loss settlements, determine coverage, appropriate method of inspection and/or claim decision based on the review of facts, and deliver resolution
- Assign estimates and proper vendors
- Establish and maintain suitable reserves
- Partner with internal departments, vendors, and defense counsel, throughout the claim process
- Ensure and conclude claims in compliance with state/federal regulations and requirements, provisions of policy contracts, and company standards
- Maintain continuing education (CE) courses for required state licensing
- Relevant job experience (Example: Real Estate, Property Manager, Construction, Estimating, Water mitigation, and all Customer service positions)
- Currently hold an appropriate state adjuster license or obtain following date of hire (American National will incur all fees associated / No out of pocket expenses)
- Remote option available. If candidate selected is within a reasonable driving distance to a home-office location a hybrid work schedule is preferred (Five days onsite, per month) Please discuss with your recruiter
- Ability to manage an after-hours (5:00 pm-8:00 am) property phone line / One consecutive week, annual rotation- fielding all property related calls
Not required, but beneficial
- Property claims handling experience
- Working knowledge of Xactimate or alike estimating programs
- Understanding of statutes, case laws, and policy contracts
PLEASE NOTE: In review of candidate qualifications another job level may be considered. (Senior Claims Representative)
Salary for this position can range from $36,964 for candidates who are minimally qualified through $46,205 for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.