Cannabis Program Sales Manager
Conifer Holdings, Inc. is a Michigan-based property and casualty holding company. Through its subsidiaries, Conifer offers specialty insurance coverage, marketing through independent agents in all 50 states. The Company is traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol CNFR. Our Marketing Department is seeking a Cannabis Program Sales Manager to join our team.
The Cannabis Program Sales Manager is the central liaison for the company with partner agencies across the organization. This role is responsible for driving revenue, profitability, growth and awareness of Conifer’s cannabis program through key partner agencies and the development of new agency relationships. The Cannabis Program Sales Manager will have direct day-to-day contact with the agency force and is also responsible for educating agents on the products and resources available to them. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our distribution on a national scale (excluding Michigan).
- Responsible for prospecting and appointment of agents to build a strong distribution channel.
- Provide leadership to independent agency partners through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management
- Be a subject matter expert for the Conifer suite of products with an emphasis on our cannabis program
- Manage and interface with management to develop or enhance the marketing of product(s)
- Act as a liaison between the independent agent and Conifer companies
- Manage and maximize overall revenue, profitability and growth of Conifer’s insurance programs
- Work with other departments at Conifer to further the relationship, identify potential new agency partners, and assess new business opportunity
- Answer presale product questions and assist agents in providing solutions to their customers as needed
- Educate agents on the products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible Tracking of marketing and sales interactions
- Keep in touch with new developments in the insurance market through membership organizations, conventions, and insurance agency partners.
- Represent the applicable territory/program in meetings and speak to performance, program/promotion results and current initiatives
- Assist with internal marketing efforts designed to increase sales
- 5 years of Commercial Lines sales, marketing, underwriting or product management experience
- Prior experience coaching or mentoring others Strong cross-functional team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with management and agency partners History of building and maintaining relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, etc.)
- Ability to think strategically and come up with proactive ideas to increase sales
- Entrepreneurial minded, motivated and self-starting
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 50%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Conifer Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply for Cannabis Program Sales Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly