Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$87,400.00 - $144,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, the Sr Inside Sales Executive maintains complex agency assignments and/or priority initiatives as assigned. The position is responsible for optimizing growth potential of a core and complex group of Travelers independent agents, while exceeding/meeting year over year growth and profit objectives, utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework, developing competitor intelligence, and collaborate with team members in inside sales, the region, home office and business center on product, pricing, and agency management decisions. This Sr Inside Sales Executive is considered a Subject Matter Expert in core competencies, sales processes, and execution and therefore provides coaching/guidance to others within the sales function. This position actively supports peer development and regional collaboration. This position does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
Coaching and Leadership:
- Responsible for facilitating workshops for both internal and external audiences
- Must perform at mastery level in utilizing sales tools
- Participates in and may lead multiple Enterprise projects or cross regional teams
- Leads webinars and works with home office on development of training needs
- Takes the lead in product roll outs
- Acts as a SME to SE's in the region
- Works across regions to identify needs and create solutions
- Ability to independently work with all social styles
- Educates the Product team on market conditions in support of product and rate changes
- Leads, designs, consults on regional sales strategy and development of processes
- Assists with the onboarding of new Sales Executives
- Proxy for Reg'l Sales Dir (RSD) when RSD is unavailable
- May be involved in the new hire interviewing process
- Leads regional sales team meetings
- Demonstrates excellent communication and listening skills
- Responsible for substantial and/or complex Agency assignments.
- May have multiple state management of agency plant and / or complex agency structures
- Works with Enterprise as a relationship manager to key regional agents
- Highly effective in presenting ideas, solutions, feedback and programs to agents
- Clearly sets measurable goals and objectives for agents and holds agents accountable
- Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation for owned agents
- Identifies opportunities to cross sell Travelers products and shares information with other Sales employees and/or agents
- Meets minimum requirements with respect to technology usage with agency to share information on products, results, digital opportunities
- Act as the conduit between inside and outside sales teams
- Influencing the Sale:
- Responsible for profitable development of all agencies within assigned territory or agency assignment
- Uses technology and analytics to influence agents to quote and sell Travelers products to customers
- Articulates a sales process that's mutually beneficial and identifies solutions to agency needs
- Provides consistent follow up and follow through with agents
- Demonstrates advanced ability to influence and persuade
- Recognizes opportunities and adapts solutions on the spot
- Coaches employees on sales techniques and demonstrates by example
- Completes strategic sales plans for territory to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans leveraging digital assets
- Builds and uses best practices regarding Agency Operations, works consultatively to follow up with plans, holding process owners accountable for greed upon actions
- Effectively understands and considers operational differences between small and large agencies
- Directs customer service issues to appropriate resources and elevates all unresolved matters to ensure resolution
- Mastery of sales analytics, systems, processes, and tools
- Understands state regulatory environment and competitive landscape and understands the impact on agency business
- Identifies book transfer opportunities, negotiates transfer commitment, and ensures successful outcome
- Able to translate complex sales reporting into terms for easy comprehension
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- The Sr. SE must perform at an advanced level to meet or exceed SIS and KBM goals
- Advanced knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: Ability to accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing insight
- Advanced ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services
- Advanced ability to deliver results: ability to focus on the top/bottom line and push self and others to meet set goals
- Advanced Relationship Management skills: superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external customers as well as team both in Inside Sales/Regions.
- Advanced communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deliver professional presentations.
- Advanced ability to adapt to change: Advanced ability to demonstrate resilience: Maintains a high level of commitment to personally get things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products: with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Definition of intermediate skills/competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in the full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
- Not Required.
What is a Must Have?
- A minimum of 3 years of professional sales experience within the Insurance Industry.
- High proficiency of understanding and utilizing data and analytics to drive business performance.
- Proven success in achieving sales and competency metrics.
- Experience in coaching and developing others.
- Independently work with complex relationships and / or projects.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.