American National is an established, stable, and successful multi-line insurance corporation that has provided financial strength and a sense of security to employees, customers and business partners since 1905. We've been recognized by Forbes as one of America's most trustworthy financial companies and best mid-sized employers. With focus on our organization's values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations.
What's in it for you?
American National supports a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance. We understand that comprehensive benefits are important which is why we offer a generous package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health-wellness initiatives, and a volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a charity of choice, and referral bonuses! We also offer a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
American National's Mortgage Loan and Real Estate Investments Division is currently seeking a career-oriented individual who desires an opportunity to excel as a Staff Accountant. This position will be responsible for property-level accounting, analysis and reporting on the investment real estate properties owned by the company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
• Compile and analyze financial information and maintain procedures accurately presenting operating results of American National real estate, joint venture, and mineral investments in compliance with GAAP, tax, and management requirements.
• Communicating and confirming compliance on a monthly/quarterly basis to property managers through analysis of operating results
• Perform monthly/quarterly analysis including accruals of income and expenses required by GAAP
• Prepare Journal entries that are compliant with GAAP, tax and company guidelines
• Administer budgeting process for real estate investments
• Compile various investment schedules in support of controllers department requirements, as needed
• Maintain cash management functions for real estate investments
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• 2 – 3 years of accounting or financial analysis experience
• Basic understanding of GAAP accounting
• Proficient in Word and Excel. Yardi or SAP experience preferred.
The preceding job posting was designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the job qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this position or other opportunities at American National.
American National's recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates may check the status of their application(s) by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an equal opportunity employer, committed to enhancing a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.