Property & Casualty Account Manager
Lighthouse, an Alera Group Company is seeking an Account Manager to join their Property & Casualty Team.
An Account Manager is part of a cross-functional client service team that manages a book of business while performing with a high degree of independent discretion and decision-making. This successful candidate must have the ability and passion to spend every day delivering an extraordinary level of service to clients and internal team members. The ability to perform as a Trusted Advisor, providing education and guidance to clients on personal insurance, is critical to the success of this individual. This position requires interaction with our carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and colleagues. Detail work is a major function of the job and a faster-than-average pace is the norm. Additional responsibilities would include account retention, account rounding, and new business development.Responsibilities
Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for the client teams assigned accounts. This includes but is not limited to: managing inbound calls and emails, processing policy changes, answering billing and coverage questions, conducting account reviews, providing new quote proposals, and troubleshooting claims issues.
• Acquires understanding of clients' insurance needs and risk management objectives and compares insurance plans to determine best recommendation
• Creates new business opportunities from existing accounts and referred leads, contributing to meeting departmental production goals. Identities and follows up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
• Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary
• Documents conversation with clients and carrier representatives and updates all Lighthouse Group automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of the data in the systems.
• Travels to support operations in offices throughout Lighthouse footprint
• Prepares weekly log and reports for management as needed
• Supports, mentors, and trains lower-level account managers as required
• Attends industry related continuing education training and courses
• Create and maintain a positive work environment – build trust, open communication, creative thinking & cohesive teamwork
• Support Lighthouse Group culture through leading by example
• Performs other duties and projects as required
- Excellent listening, oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong leadership skills, leads by example
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills, proven experience in a customer facing role
- Computer system proficiency, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and automated agency management system
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Ability to travel within Lighthouse Personal Lines footprint up to 50%
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Currently licensed or willing to obtain required industry licensure
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (AAI, ARM, CIC, etc.)
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you're a California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to applying.